I need help :-(

kwikwi

Hello

I've some problems with imgburn while I'm buring a DVD DL, Imgburn told that >>>

"W 21:43:11 Waiting for buffers to recover...

W 21:43:29 Waiting for hard disk activity to reach threshold level..."

I don't understand what does it mean and why I get this message. It always happen when I'm burning my first DVD DL then when I'm trying to burn again the same image without change anything I don't get this error. I really don't understand why I'm getting this error.

I'm using Pioneer 116D it's a new one, I'm using it since one week. And my DVD DL are Verbatim.

My hard disk has enough space.

Escuse me for my English, I'm french ^^, if you can help me to find the solution it'll be nice, thank you.

Edited by kwikwi

Hi and welcome to the forum kwikwi;

That is not an error but a warning that the drive is reporting through ImgBurn. If all goes well and the disc verifies and plays, don't worry about it. How about posting the whole log, there is information there that can help us in the long run.

spinner

"W 21:43:11 Waiting for buffers to recover...

W 21:43:29 Waiting for hard disk activity to reach threshold level..."

What this means is that your harddrive can't send data to your burner at the speed your burner requires to maintain a constant and consistent burn. In other words, your burner is requesting data and your harddrive can't send it fast enough to keep up. Have a look in the FAQ area of this forum regarding DMA issues.

Thank you very much for your fast answers :-)

So if I understand it's not a hardware problem but "windows" trouble? this warning just means that "your burner is requesting data and your harddrive can't send it fast enough to keep up" and so the fact that imgburn is giving me those warnings don't mean that the DVD which I'm burning is going to be damaged?

Edited by kwikwi

So if I understand it's not a hardware problem but "windows" trouble?

Almost a certainty.

this warning just means that "your burner is requesting data and your harddrive can't send it fast enough to keep up" and so the fact that imgburn is giving me those warnings don't mean that the DVD which I'm burning is going to be damaged?

Correct. Your drive should support something called BURNPROOF. It's pretty much standard these days and ImgBurn supports it as well. You can read more about what BurnProof is and what it does using the link below. If you're still not sure what it is after doing some reading, ask. :)

http://www.digital-sanyo.com/BURN-Proof/

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.