DeviceIoControl(FSCTL_LOCK_VOLUME) Not Supported!

gonwk

Hi Lightening UK,

First of all THANK YOU, THANK YOU for DVDD and now ImgBurn. I was hesitant to change to ImgBurn also ... but I just downloaded your V1.2.0.0 and installed it on my computer ... it works fine ... but when I was backing-up my own dvd I noticed that ImgBurn gave me a "WARNING" ... but my burn was completed A-OK and my back-up DVD plays back OK. I tried the back-up with DVDD and I did NOT get any Warnings.

Could you shed any light on my issue ... I am attaching my LOG FILE from ImgBurn ... Plus where the heck do I get the IDE Drivers is asking for? THANKS!

I 12:32:34 ImgBurn Version 1.2.0.0 started!

I 12:32:34 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 12:32:34 Initialising SPTI...

I 12:32:34 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 12:32:34 Found 1 DVD-ROM/CD-RW and 1 DVD?RW!

I 12:32:58 Operation Started!

I 12:32:58 Source File: E:\1\REMEMBER_THE_TITANS.ISO

I 12:32:58 Source File Sectors: 2,054,763 (MODE1/2048)

I 12:32:58 Source File Size: 4,208,154,624 bytes

I 12:32:58 Source File Implementation Identifier: DVD Shrink

I 12:32:58 Destination Device: [1:0:0] BENQ DVD DD DW1640 BSOB (D:) (ATA)

I 12:32:58 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: TYG02) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 8x)

I 12:32:58 Destination Media Sectors: 2,298,496

I 12:32:58 Write Mode: DVD

I 12:32:58 Write Type: DAO

I 12:32:58 Write Speed: 4x

I 12:32:58 Link Size: Auto

I 12:32:58 Test Mode: No

I 12:32:58 BURN-Proof: Enabled

W 12:32:58 DeviceIoControl(FSCTL_LOCK_VOLUME) Not Supported! - Update your motherboard / IDE drivers!!!

I 12:32:58 Filling Buffer...

I 12:32:59 Writing LeadIn...

I 12:33:08 Writing Image...

I 12:46:23 Synchronising Cache...

I 12:47:03 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:14:04

I 12:47:03 Average Write Rate: 5,175 KB/s (3.7x) - Maximum Write Rate: 5,594 KB/s (4.0x)

Plus where the heck do I get the IDE Drivers is asking for? THANKS!

Which chipset does your motherboard use? Intel, Via, NVidia? You will find the chipset drivers on the homepage of your motherboard manufacturer or of the chipset supplier itself. Motherboard manufacturers do often have a web-based tool to identify the hardware and support the download and installing of the appropriate drivers. You may give that a try.

Best Regards

Hi folks,

I found that I have INTEL 82875P Chipset ... I also went to Intel download site but all I found is a download for an INF file to let my chipset to be configured for USB something ... I even called Dell and I downloaded and installed "R58201.Exe" evidently to upgrade my Chipset.

I am not usre If I want to run the "infinst_autol.exe" ... becuase I am not usre what the heck will do to my computer ... since I am not versed in computer hardware or software.

So, now couple of Q's for LUK ...

Q1: can I just run your ImgBurn and IGNORE the "W" that I am getting? would I be just fine?

Q2: To me I don't see any difference between my DVDDecrypter Burn program and ImgBurn ... so Can I just use DVDD to burn my DVDs?

Thanks ... G.

You actually have the same chipset as me.

The infinst file will just configure your devices properly, it won't do any harm. It is made by intel after all, not some tiny company who doesn't care!

You can then install the intel maxtrix storage driver. That'll do your IDE/SATA bits.

Hmm but that might only work if you have RAID enabled for SATA, I can't quite remember. Basically it will either install or tell you it's not needed.

1. Yes you can ignore it. It just means other programs can interrupt the burn if they try to access the drive. Locking it stops that.

2. DVD Dec will behave the same way so it's pointless reverting to it for burning. Also, you miss out on all the new cool stuff (that you obviously haven't found yet!).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.