Unwanted Application Identifier label

ElectroGeeza

Hi!

Even thou I did not actively chose to have any Application Identifier (Volume identifiers) label, I still seem to get one. I just burnt a DVD film image using the Build method to build DVD layout folders. At 13:13:35 it says "Source File Application Identifier: IMGBURN V2.4.2.0 - THE ULTIMATE IMAGE BURNER!" Why?...

By the way, after completing the writing process successfully, the ImgBurn seem to have been shot down so I was unable to copy the whole and exact log information from the log viewer. I did not check the mark "close program when finished" (or similar) during the writing operation. So why did it just shut down?... was it programmed to shot down after the writing process completes when using the Build mode, regardless of if you have checked the option "close program when finished" or not?... perhaps there's a global setting in the Settings/Preferences that regulates this?... however, what happened after the writing completed is that the Windows Auto Play dialog appeared asking what it should do with this DVD disc.

Thanks in advance!

That field is the implementation identifier label and is always set to 'IMGBURN V...'

The volume label you can set to whatever you want or just leave it blank.

Might be that the mouse pointer still was over that check box?

Was the disc burned ok?

I have now burnt few more DVD image files using the same settings and writing mode. First I burnt one where I actively un-checked the check-box. That way, when the writing completed the ImgBurn didn't shut down as previously. But when I close or shut down ImgBurn manually and then start it up again and choose to burn another DVD image file or the same file again, the check-box is already checked. So it doesn't seem to remember my preferences, it only remembers it for the current session. Perhaps that's what happened so that the check-box was marked without me noticing it. In either way, the burning operations seem to complete successfully.

Implementation identifier, eh?... could you explain that further? What good is that? And is there no way to exclude the 'IMGBURN V...' thingy from the build?

If the logs get saved automatically, where can I find the logs from previous ImgBurn sessions? Isn't it only saved for the current session? In other words; even if saved automatically to a text file somewhere on the system, doesn't it get overwritten upon starting a new ImgBurn session?

Change the close setting here:

'Check Close Program'.

settings03.png

You can in the settings decide if you want to overwrite or add to existing logs. Also in the settings - where you want the logs to be saved.

To open/find the logs: Main Menu -> Help -> ImgBurn Logs

More or less all programs that builds image files, set itself as the tool used (Implementation Identifier). It can't be turned off.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.