ImgBurn support for programs that used to use DVD Decrypter to burn images?

gust0208

Hello,

Like everyone else, I am excited to see the great image burning functionality of DVD Decrypter once more available and was wondering if ImgBurn is compatible with other programs that call DVD Decrypter to burn ISO images? It would be great to be able to use this automated functionality once again.

Cheers,

Tom

I'll say no it wont call up IMGBURN .Any program that would use Decrypters burn engine will be looking for just that, Decrypter and nothing else .When IMGBURN is out long enough those programs that called for Decrypter might be changed to look for IMGBURN or an option of Decrypter or IMGBURN but one in particular Shrink is not being upgraded anymore, it would be up to the programmers to change it and release new versions .Just an opinion

gust0208, Polo is probably right, any current program that calls for DVDD to burn does just that, that particular program will not be looking for IMG. One thing you could do is after using a particular program, just move the ISO files into IMG and burn away. :D

Edited by kevdriver

How about just renaming the file to what DVDD was? And putting in same Dir. I thought ImgBurn used the same cli args (/src,/dest,/start,/close,etc.)? Am I wrong?

Edited by ROBAK

It works. :P

That could be because of a registry entry from a previous DVDD installation. If you had never installed DVDD before I don't think that simply renaming the exe would allow Shrink to detect it...

Edited by digidragon

It works. :P

That could be because of a registry entry from a previous DVDD installation. If you had never installed DVDD before I don't think that simply renaming the exe would allow Shrink to detect it...

True.

I am making a guide on how to use DVD Shrink and ImgBurn together (as of right now until it can be fixed).

One thing I wanted to ask is, how do you set the max write speed in ImgBurn so that when DVD Shrink calls up the program to burn, it won't burn at "MAX" but, it will remember the last speed used or use one that you have specified.

Edited by jmet

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.