Disbale auto-finalize

Burning Apollo

I find that its not unusual for dvd burning to fail with my computer. But every time the burn fails, but I never get an option asking me if I'd like to finalize the disk or not. Now, I know that if the disk is not finalized, it can be used again for burning and the disk does not become useless. Hell, failure or sucess, even Nero gives you the option to finalize or not if you change your mind.

No, I dont plan on buying a new dvd drive, because about 83% of my burns are sucessful. All I'm asking is if I can disable the auto-finalizing "feature" in ImgBurn. This would save me from a lot of useless dvds

Care to tell us which option you've unchecked? Have you ever thought about checking for newer firmware for your burner(s), using better quality media or burning at 8x or 12x for best results (depends on the burner)?

Okay, Under the WRITE tab, which is in the SETTINGS menu, there is a checkbox with "Finalize Disc - Autoretry" next to it, but completely paralell to that, there is another checkbox. so, im thinking that "Autoretry" belongs to the checkbox on the right.

anyways, I unchecked the "Finalize Disc" option

now, I haven't tested this yet, because Im currently out of dvds. but, i will later today.

Edited by Burning Apollo

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.