How to portable install ImgBurn?

Hiten

Hi, I've searched on the forum for a short description on a portable installation of ImfBurn. In the guide and in some topic refer to CLI command but how to apply it? The first step is download and istall the exe of ImgBurn on the USB device and then? :unsure:

Try running:

ImgBurn.exe /settings ImgBurn.ini /portable

Then close ImgBurn, open ImgBurn.ini and add the line 'PortableMode=1' to it.

From then on it'll run in portable mode by just double clicking on the exe or whatever.

I've try to insert the path above with \ instead of /.ImgBurn start but the ini file it's not created.

It's created when you close the program.

If you just open a command window and point it to the ImgBurn folder, then type exactly what I put below, it'll work fine - I tried it before I posted.

You do of course need to have permission to create files wherever the imgburn.exe is.

It's created when you close the program.

If you just open a command window and point it to the ImgBurn folder, then type exactly what I put below, it'll work fine - I tried it before I posted.

You do of course need to have permission to create files wherever the imgburn.exe is.

Ok, I've insert the / instead the \ and the log file directory was created in the program directory and the ini file in the user document directory. I've insert the PortableMode=1 line at the bottom of the document and I've move the file into the program directory. That's Ok? During the installation I've let selected the single user istallation. I would select the all users mode?

It makes no difference because that only comes into play on the machine you install it on... not the ones you're going to use it in 'portable' mode on.

If you want it portable on all machines (including the first one), you'd need to install it, make it portable, copy it somewhere safe and then uninstall it again.

Once it's running in portable mode you can reset the settings to default and you should find some of the paths get changed away from the my document folder to the main program folder.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.