My burner will not burn Dual Layer media (anymore) PLEASE HELP

Jbbrack03

Please help me if you can. I have no idea what is going wrong at this point and I've spent a long and tiring day trying to figure it out. I have a Liteon IDE multi format burner that has worked for a few months. I decided to upgrade my motherboard and processor, so I got new equipment. I plugged in my liteon and it will not work with Dual Layer media anymore. So I thought maybe it was broken, so I bought a brand new HP multi format burner. It has the exact same error, so I'm thinking that it is something related to my new motherboard. I haven't the slightest clue what it might be though. I'm making Xbox 360 backups, and I have my layer break set correctly, and both drives are booktyped as DVD-ROM. Other than that, I don't know what is wrong. I'm using Verbatim 2.4x Dual Layer media, so I don't think that they are the problem. I'm not sure what else it might be. Someone suggested that it might be a controller issue, but I'm not sure how to change the configuration of that. Here is my Imgburn log, so hopefully one of you experts can school me. Any help is appreciated!

I 00:58:34 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 00:58:34 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 00:58:34 Total Physical Memory: 2,619,628 KB - Available: 2,197,784 KB

I 00:58:34 Initialising ASPI...

I 00:58:34 WNASPI32.DLL - Nero WnAspi32 - Win32 Nero Aspi Library - Version 2.0.1.74

I 00:58:34 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 00:58:34 Found 1 DVD

I 00:58:52 Destination Device: [4:0:0] HP DVD Writer 1140i YH25 (D:) (RAID)

the log shows you have the drive connected on a raid controller, try disabling the raid option in bios, if the log shows either ATA or SCSI it should be fine burning again,

then choose spti interface within imgburn

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.