Unicode Support

laserfan

Wow, v2.4.3 looks fantastic, thanks LUK and all who contributed! I notice under Advanced/Restrictions/UDF there are new options for "Disable Unicode Support". I learned some time ago that to make a DL HD DVD disc I needed to select (check) this box under 2.4.2. In the new program, there are many more options for the various disc types.

I don't *think* that leaving "Disable Unicode Support" checked under 2.4.2 has caused any problems for my BD video, or DVD video discs, but I'm concerned given all the new options.

Can someone explain in general terms when "Disable" should be used, or even give detailed instructions here? :unsure:

Hover the mouse on those options and you'll get a brief explanation :)

Basically, you don't need to change any of those options, the default works fine. You may want to change any of them if you need to use Unicode on your DVD/HDDVD/BluRay discs, which breaks from the standard and potentially may not work with standalone players.

I'm pretty sure that somewhere in the huge changelog it says Unicode is now disabled all the time for HD DVD/BD Video discs (it already was for DVD Video).

(Which is basically the same as you disabling it for *everything* by checking that 'Disable Unicode Support' option)

Now you can leave Unicode enabled for general use and still know that ImgBurn will automatically disable it for DVD/HD DVD/BD Video discs - unless you tell it not to via the new options of course.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.