BUG IN NEW RELEASE - I THINK

SLOVEHEART

:unsure: I just started to use the new release today 4/2/09, first I was burning some blurays (udf 2.50), then I started to attempt to burn some dvd5 and dvd9's, when up came the box stating that my video files need the different file systems (iso 9660+udf), well I click yes, please correct this for me... and then I checked the file system and it was still udf 2.50, so I went ahead and changed it to iso9660+udf and used udf 1.02, but I thought maybe I should let you all know about my experience. My frig_en HP computer has a mind of it's own, I have turned of UAC and other vista troublemakers but still strange things happen with it software uninstalls other software etc., so I don't know if it is just my system or if it is a bug in the new release. The last release it would do the please correct this for me operation just fine including picking out the correct udf version (1.02), but not now. I am an old dvdfab user, and until I got into blurays I was stricktly a dvdfab person, but fengtao is working on his bluray support and so I started using anydvdhd and this wonderful freeware imgburn (for which I have donated some $$$ because it writes so much better than dvdfab does, I still love dvdfab - but the burn speeds and other options (most I still need to learn) make me very pleased with imgburn, so I hope this helps...

Is your problem similar to this?

Regards

:blush2: Yup that is it, guess I should have done some digging first, I'm new here, so I am learning, cdfreaks I have got down somewhat by now (138 posts), but what a great little app Imgburn is, just so cool...just had to donate, noticed that one of the older projects was shut down by 'the man' (I assume) - I wish I had a chance to have known about that. Anyway, I am having problems understanding what"...it will be changed on the fly..." means, but it doesn't really matter - I'll just go through the motions and manually change the file system till the 2440 comes out (next release) when I guess it will be a choice on how one wants Imgburn to handle the matter..

Thanks for the replies, esp. for a 'newbie', and yes I am happy to be on the road to getting some strips.. :pirate:

Edited by SLOVEHEART

The image details box would confirm that the setting had been changed, as would the log.

The program no longer updates the GUI, it's all done on the fly. (well, until 2.4.4.0 comes out when it'll be optional to have it work either way!)

Good that there was an option added. One thing I liked about the previous version was seeing the updated GUI...I think a build right before the final in the last version didn't update GUI too, so having it was nice. The only issue with GUI updating was to do with adding file systems and the volume labels, but I think I saw this in the changelog...just downloaded the new version and haven't used it yet since on vacation. I only got on because of the spam message....so I guess it helped in one way since it let me know there was a new version. (Sorry about the PM about the spammer too, the threads on the matter were buried, and in deleting the messages it probably would have been good to send PM's about what happened and maybe even the new versions as an additional note.)

On the fly means that the changes are carried out - but you will not see any check boxes being changed in the user interface (the programs window).

:)

:beach: Now I know, makes sense too. THANKS, means I can still rely on Imgburn to do the correction thing, but it still leaves me wondering if the correct UDF file system would be picked out, unless I manually do it. Thanks for explaining to to me... :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.