Finalise cd

rtrm01

ok, i think i have this down, but sometimes i just need it in plain english

i need to finalise cd to play in car

nero 9 does? does not finalise? when making mp3 jukebox? i assume not because the thing wont play in deck

used ultra iso to make image

i am certain ultra iso can finalise cd, does it? how to set it? don't know

i read that this program (which so far seems like a sweet program and definately in the must have category) can finalize a disk, so after playing with it a bit and searching forums, i gather that this program automatically finalizes a disc

so am i correct that i take an image file .nrg or .iso or whatever,

use this program to burn to disc

end result is a finalized disc with many many more mp3 files on it than just doing the traditional make a cd in nero 9

right?

I am sure this has been posted and you can redirect me but thank you for explaining this and answering me.

sometimes the thing is obvious, everyone knows it but it is not explicitely said in just that way

thanks for the help

Are you sure your 'deck' actually supports MP3 data discs?

yup, kenwood, mp3 plug on front ... and thanks for replying by the way !!

yeah, my friends, seem to just throw some mp3s on a disk and into the car it goes, and plays fine

i do that and i cant read it, etc etc, used nero 6 ultra before

i just wanna get more than 12 or so songs on a disc to play in car

in addition to my mp3 player, i like the cd's too

if you have a suggestion let me know,

i will try any software, i doubt there is some that i can't find and get. god love the torrents

so if you could do it the easiest, and best and fastest, what program would you use

i currently have ultra iso premium, nero 9, this program, and a few others i can't remember, i have so many i can't keep tract of them, problem is i can't have them all in stalled at the same time, so i only use a couple, until i find the one, and then i will just use that, i try to avoid using multiple programs just to do some things simple ... :)

Edited by rtrm01

yup.

You might want to make sure the 'File System' option is set to 'ISO9660 + Joliet' as that'll probably be what your player wants.

very good then...

i am off to work (another fit full night sleep in my trusty office chair ugh) and i will try them on my way, i did one with the "+joliet" and the other with just the iso 996 or whatever.

either way, thanks for the help, it was fast and accurate!

• 2 weeks later...
yup.

You might want to make sure the 'File System' option is set to 'ISO9660 + Joliet' as that'll probably be what your player wants.

very good then...

i am off to work (another fit full night sleep in my trusty office chair ugh) and i will try them on my way, i did one with the "+joliet" and the other with just the iso 996 or whatever.

either way, thanks for the help, it was fast and accurate!

ok, so i did that, made sure the file system was set, etc, it still doesn't work. the only thing that does it seems is when i burn an "Audio CD playable in most players" option when using nero 9

i used that other program, and other programs, set it to finish etc, i must be doing something wrong

You might want to restrict ImgBurn to ISO9660 only. Alot of players only recognize files in the old 8.3 format. (8 letters followed by the .mp3 extension such as rtrm01.mp3 or mysong.mp3 or somesong.mp3 or whatever)

wow you guys are awesome here, more responsive of a forum than most any other i have attempted to use. BIG FAT THANK YOU FOR THAT :smartarse::headbanging:

ok, so to make sure i understand you, do it again, make sure it's on the iso9660 format, and rename the files to something exactly 8 letters or 8 letters or less?

so would the length of the file name make it not play? wow, so does this program do this for you, like convert it or is that done manually (any suggestions?)

- i am going to get this thing done one way or the other LOL

You don't need to rename anything, the program just limits the names in the file system to 8.3 characters.

I'd be amazed if ISO9660 works when ISO9660+Joliet didn't.

Are you really really really sure your player supports MP3 discs?!

Do you have a manual for it? They normally say how the discs need to be burnt for them to be compatible (mine does anyway).

My standalone CD player is 1987 vintage. Its manual doesn't address self-burned CDs at all.

Is it probably too old to use ISO9660+Joliet with the options to allow longer titles, etc ?

Is mp3 then the only appropriate format for saving audio files , or will WAV or some other work with the old dinosaur? (I meant the CD player, not myself!)

Please don't hijack threads. If you need help, you're better off starting your own.

1987? I don't remember seeing any mp3s floating about 22 years ago so it's doubtful your player would recognise them. You'll need to convert them to wav files and burn them or do it the easy way and use Burrrn which can be found here:

http://www.burrrn.net/

I apologize, ya'll. I thought I was saving you hassle by asking where the older stuff was being dicussed. You're kind to respond anyway.

Thanks for your help. I can save my Audacity files in one of many formats - I'll do wav.

That should work following your guide to CD burning that I did at least have the consideration to read before I searched your forum. No more hijacking for me! (Do I get a Christmas card now?

Seriously, thanks all.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.