4.3.2.0 Errors

reidneile

Please decipher this problem

Upgrade to 2.4.3.0

---------

I 20:14:49 ImgBurn Version 2.4.3.0 started!

I 20:14:49 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 20:14:49 Total Physical Memory: 2,087,980 KB - Available: 1,387,556 KB

I 20:14:49 Initialising SPTI...

I 20:14:49 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 20:14:49 Found 1 CD-RW, 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

Edited by reidneile

Hi and welcome to the forum, reidneile! :)

One difference that I can see is that you have OPC disabled when you burn with the old version and it's enabled when you burn with the latest version.

Some burners can crap out if that setting is enabled. Try with the latest version and have OPC disabled. You find the setting in the Write tab in the settings.

Hi and welcome to the forum, reidneile! :)

One difference that I can see is that you have OPC disabled when you burn with the old version and it's enabled when you burn with the latest version.

Some burners can crap out if that setting is enabled. Try with the latest version and have OPC disabled. You find the setting in the Write tab in the settings.

Thanks for the suggestion. In other 2.4.2 versions log files OPC was enabled. It might have changed when I downgraded back to 2.4.2 and my settings was reset. I will try with both enable and disabled.

I have been using imgburn for a long time and never had to post here due to problems with the program so I never had to register.

I will try again with the new version with the settings that you mention. Also thanks for the very quick response.

Edited by reidneile

RITEKF1 is pretty crappy media anyway. You'd do well to buy some decent stuff by Verbatim / Taiyo Yuden.

I've burn a couple of 100s of these (TDK 16X) recently with only a handful of coasters. I have had very good experience with TDK DVD-R over the last 1000s of burnings.

Of couse, after running a few burns with OPC both disabled and enabled, I can not get it to fail. Another setting may have been reset too since it did not have my original settings before the first 2.4.3 upgrades since the upgrade, downgrade and back to 2.4.3 upgrade never kept my original settings.

Also, during these tests, I had to open a new spindle of TDK 16X DVD-R and they have a different mfg code. So I can not really state that the test cases were exactly the same.

The new MFG code is now DVD-R (Disc ID: CMC MAG. AM3). I may have to wait to get another spindle to see if this problem re-appears.

Thanks for all the support and IMGBurn. I have been using it since Dec 2006 and tell everyone to use it.

LATEST LOG FILE

I 06:34:09 ImgBurn Version 2.4.3.0 started!

I 06:34:09 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 06:34:09 Total Physical Memory: 2,087,980 KB - Available: 1,256,388 KB

W 06:34:09 Drive C:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 06:34:09 Initialising SPTI...

I 06:34:09 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 06:34:09 Found 1 CD-RW, 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

I've burn a couple of 100s of these (TDK 16X) recently with only a handful of coasters. I have had very good experience with TDK DVD-R over the last 1000s of burnings

And what kind of 'help' is that statement? Is his systrm the same as yours? Are the programs installed on his machine the same as yous? Does his power fluctuate the same as yours?..etc...etc...etc...Maybe you get the idea... Shit media is at least 50% of the problem with all screwed-up burns and usually where we start to eliminate problems unless we see something else that may also be a problem...

Thanks for these comments. Except they do not help solving the problem.

I can not guarantee what kind of media TDK will put in their spindles but I can recommend purchases of a specific brand of DVD-R if all my fellow burners choose a brand that is readily available at the local store and have a extremely rate of success. TDK has been that brand for these years.

I used to only purchase Ritek/RiDATA from RIMA until they kept on changing media mfg too and I purchased a few bad spindles that did not work in my setup

Edited by reidneile

I 06:35:23 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: CMC MAG. AM3)

Sadly, your media is still junk (CMC). Go get some Taiyo Yuden or Verbatims.

Regards

Regards

ALL BETA TEAM MEMBERS:

Stop with the recommendation of buying specific brands of media.. I already went through that route with use Taiyo Yuden when 1x and 2x media first came out. Consumers can not always be certain which mfg use specific die lots from what part of the world. First it was TY-JAPAN, then TY-from XXX... The point is you buy a lot of media that works, then all of sudden your favorite media changes lots, and you can not find them anymore you have to pick some sort of media. I chose TDK and burned 3000-5000 dvd-r with them. 2x, 4x 8x, and 16X

DVD-DECRYPTOR, then IMGBURN should be able to handle a wide range of media. If settings needs to be changed to account for it then write the necessary routines to handle it. Maybe a media,writer setting lookup table. Not 2 specific media types that are recommended by the "EXPERTS".

Edited by reidneile

The burn quality relies on the burner/firmware/media combination; the software doesn't even come into it. If your burner doesn't like the media and there's no newer firmware then you should either buy different media or a new burner.

By the way, we recommend using Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden blanks because they only use high quality dyes. Other brands use the cheapest crap they can get away with. In the end, you get what you pay for.

I already went through that route with use Taiyo Yuden when 1x and 2x media first came out.

Fuckin hell.....and how long ago was that? My boy was still rattling around in my nutsack at that point...don't you think we've progressed a little technologically since then?

I was a bit mistaken. My first spindle was actually 4X

Placed : 03/10/2003 10:50:47 EDT

Code Name Quantity Price/Ea. Total

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1633-25 Ritek DVD-R 4.7GB, 4X, $2.00 ea., 25-Pack 1 $50.00 $50.00

Shipping: Ground: $4.13

Sales Tax: $0.00

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total: $54.13

Regards

What ur coment about mitsubishi dvd+r , and also smartbuy dvd+r?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.