the possibilty of burning the VIDEO_TS folder

dirio49

It would be a nice feature to have though, instead of having to run it through yet another program after proccessing it.

Besides passing it through ImgTools makes it bigger. Making an ISO makes it bigger. And you could need the extra space.

It would be way better than using Nero.

I *dislike* to put it mildly, Nero.

My 2 cents.

Edited by Merlin7777

Folks read up and in other threads here. At this date, this prog burns ISO images you have created. Use ITC or PgcEdit (which can call this prog to burn) to create your images.

Easy.

Regards

I have to agree. It sure would be nice to be able to generate the iso from within ImgBurn.

i need to be able to burn directly from a directory 'using the folders name as the volume label' that contains a VIDEO_TS folder.

I have just spent the last 4 hours creating ISO's from directories which contain VIDEO_TS folders in order to actually burn them.

I could save so much time doing other frelling stuff if this app could just burn from a folder. The use of ISO images posses another time consuming issue at the back end of my work flow. To play and view the video from the ISO's im forced to use the crappy deamon tools to mount the millions of images i have stored to preview in a dvdplayer like powerdvd. (maybe it would'nt peeve me as much if i could just assign deamon tools to mount an ISO image upon double clicking, in addition ISO creating names the file in total uppercase, so im forced to go reverse every file ISO name from full upper case to titlecase).

Please LUK consider this!!!

@dubplate

Use PgcEdit to make your ISO then. You can set the volume label, write speed, layer break etc etc prior to making the ISO and automatically call ImgBurn to burn the ISO.

It will do everything in terms of converting files in VIDEO_TS to a compliant ISO. Guide on site.

Regards

or instead of taking 4 hours to convert to iso, think about using say shrink or any other program that is capable to create iso images as the output instead of video_ts folders

well sometimes you need to changes something in the dvd compulation and you cannot do this in iso mode

or for example lets say that the dvd is small enough and does not need compression but you want to remove the ads and previews. if you create an iso you cannot do this. And you don't need to used dvdshrink.

@blutach

this still applies. To create the iso takes two the space because you have the folder and the iso and it take time.

but when you can just burn the folder you save one step.

dirio - to create an ISO for a DVD-5 takes 5 minutes tops.

And of course you can edit to your heart's content beforehand.

So, 5 minutes of ISO creation or risk making a coaster with Nero/Roxio etc. (which takes say 15 minutes).

Anyways, if you don't like making ISOs, use Nero. No-one's forcing you to use ImgBurn man.

Regards

So, 5 minutes of ISO creation or risk making a coaster with Nero/Roxio etc. (which takes say 15 minutes).

Anyways, if you don't like making ISOs, use Nero. No-one's forcing you to use ImgBurn man.

Regards

i do use shrink ppl, each image takes around 3 mins each.

my point is 5 mins x 200 folders to ISO images = a frelling long time!!! nero...pfft, anyways i need to burn to 5 burners concurrently. With DVDD i make copies of the application and run multiple instances of it. Nero won't allow this!!

don't discount my other major point. windowz makes it very tedious to mount ISO images in order to view them later in a dvd player app. daemon tools is a work around but it is a very kludged up system. other operating systems allow a user to just double click the image in the file system to have it mounted-to un mount clicking on the 'eject' button is all that is needed. daemon is a mpitfa with all the menu/sub menu clicking to mount then unmount. this is very tedious when working with many images.

Why are so many ppl here so insistent i/we don't have a use for such a function and why are some trying so badly to disprove i/we find the ISO based system creates huge obstacles in our work flows?

In no way has anyone requested this folder burning suggestion replace the ISO burning, we ask this in addition. I get the feeling the LUK is in-capable if even implementing this feature when taking all the ppl against this folder burning suggestion in to account.

I get the feeling the LUK is in-capable if even implementing this feature when taking all the ppl against this folder burning suggestion in to account.
You'll get nowhere (and make no friends here) with words like that. :thumbdown::death:

Sounds like you are making lots of copies of whatever you've got to distribute. Perhaps a commercial duplicator is better for you.

Regards

my point is 5 mins x 200 folders to ISO images = a frelling long time!!! nero...pfft, anyways i need to burn to 5 burners concurrently. With DVDD i make copies of the application and run multiple instances of it. Nero won't allow this!!

Damn dude you running a DVD burning business there or what?

I get the feeling the LUK is in-capable if even implementing this feature when taking all the ppl against this folder burning suggestion in to account.

Lightning's a very capable programmer. IIRC he's looked into this but it's very difficult to do well. But his interest is in the hardware/burning side of things, and it shows. I don't think I've ever made a coaster when using his burning engine!

windowz makes it very tedious to mount ISO images in order to view them later in a dvd player app.
Interesting....When I want to mount an image I simply right click on the ISO, highlight Mount then click on the Virtual drive letter I wish to mount on. 2 clicks, and I run Windows - but not Daemon Tools.

Regardless, why not do as blutach suggested, run 5 instances of PgcEdit having each open the DVD folder. It can then create the ISO, call ImgBurn to burn the disc, and automatically delete the ISO afterwards. You are left with your original VIDEO_TS folder that can be opened in your preferred player - no need for you to see any ISO's and saving you that extra click per disc.

windowz makes it very tedious to mount ISO images in order to view them later in a dvd player app.

Interesting....When I want to mount an image I simply right click on the ISO, highlight Mount then click on the Virtual drive letter I wish to mount on. 2 clicks, and I run Windows - but not Daemon Tools.

Do you use the MS CD/DVD Virtual drive control panel?-When you mount in this way is the volume label shown in the drive list in My Computer? Daemon Tools does not.

blutach-> I have looked into the duplicators, info in their specs however, do not make it clear if the devices are capable of burning different images from 1 hard drive concurrently.

scenario - 100 images 6 burners

burner 1-image 009

burner 2-image 098

burner 3-image 077

Inaddition, id be interested if any of them facility a playlist type feature. A feature when i can enter a list of images needed to be burned unattended.

scenario

bill in special fx dept wants

image -100

image -002

image- 013

tetron in graphic/costume design dept wants

image-030

image-065

telvran in render department wants

image-011

image-012

image-013

image-014

Best

Do you use the MS CD/DVD Virtual drive control panel?-When you mount in this way is the volume label shown in the drive list in My Computer? Daemon Tools does not.

No, Alcohol 52% (http://www.alcohol-soft.com). Normal shell extensions can be set up from within the program's settings and any mounted images show in windows explorer as if it was a normal disc in a normal drive (volume label included). You can set up multiple virtual drives, selecting the drive letters that suit you. It's not free, but if you're not happy with the programs that are free then it might be worthwhile for you.

Edited by zacoz

Regards

as you all know nero is not the best for burning dvd.

I have made so many coaster using nero. :(

and it does not take me 5 min to make a iso, I only have one harddrive. :(

and i would like to be able to save the time it takes to create an iso to do something alse

like play video games :)

if cannot be done so be it, is not like i burn tons of dvds

all i am saying is that it will be a nice addition to imgburn.

Edited by dirio49

DVD Shrink just loads the ISO in dontasciime. You can take anytning you want out, but the ISO itself is read-only. What DVD Shrink does, is it creates a new ISO after transcoding (or a set of IFOs, VOBs and BUPs).

Regards

yeah i know that, but i got time on my hands to do that, which was my point, someone saying you cannot edit iso in shrink is wrong.

well sometimes you need to changes something in the dvd compulation and you cannot do this in iso mode

or for example lets say that the dvd is small enough and does not need compression but you want to remove the ads and previews. if you create an iso you cannot do this. And you don't need to used dvdshrink.

yes i know you have to then re create iso...i don't mind the 1minute 23 second wait...

I cannot see anything wrong with using shrink in any mode, i think its the 2nd best program on the internet.

i maybe missing your point about read only though, as in, did someone give a set of circumstances where they need an iso to be anything other.

Edited by dontasciime

yes i know you have to then re create iso...i don't mind the 1minute 23 second wait...

I cannot see anything wrong with using shrink in any mode, i think its the 2nd best program on the internet.

i maybe missing your point about read only though, as in, did someone give a set of circumstances where they need an iso to be anything other.

well is i said in the last post, I only have one harddrive and is not very fast.

it takes it about 15 to 30 min to create the iso.( without compressing it)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.