LG GSA-T20L and Verbatim DL error

conti027

I'm trying to burn a Verbatim DL DVD and i have a LG GSA-T20L dive. i had no problem burning with some Memorex i had but i cant seem to get the Verbatim to burn and i got them cause i heard they were the best.

log

I 22:46:21 ImgBurn Version 2.4.3.0 started!

I 22:46:21 Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition (6.1, Build 7000)

I 22:46:21 Total Physical Memory: 3,144,044 KB - Available: 2,274,376 KB

I 22:46:21 Initialising SPTI...

I 22:46:21 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 22:46:21 Found 1 DVD

s*** so the 8x wont work at all? and also i didnt change it...well i dont think i did. lol how do i change it back?

You want the 2.4x ones, not the 8x ones.

MKM-001-00 dye Vs MKM-003-00.

btw, why have you changed the 'Write Mode' to 'BD' ?! Put it back on Auto.

Tools menu -> Settings -> Write tab, change Write Mode to Auto and click OK.

If you can't exchange/return those 8x blanks you might be able to burn them on another burner (probably on a newer desktop burner) :thumbup:

Memorex is undoubtedly a huge part of your original problem... We recommend TY and Verbs because they have the best reputation and, as far as our tests go, produce the best result for your money. It does the consumer no good to buy cheaper media and then wind up with a high failure rate. If you do the math, the wasted cost of the media, your time and your frustration work out to be a hell of a lot more, per disc, than buying the recommended media and eliminating the major problem faced by members...crap media. :thumbup:

Not all drives do like the newer 8x ones that much, that's why the 'pinned' thread at the top of this forum about burning DL discs recommends you get the 2.4x ones.

I just read the sticky and am still puzzled about something: I always thought that whatever speed a disc was "rated" for, one could always burn at a lower speed i.e. that the "rating" was the highest speed but not the only speed. I routinely burn my 16x Verbatim DVD+R at 8x, for example, and I always burn my Verb DL discs at 2.4 despite that (I think) they are advertised to be burnable up to 6x.

So you're saying that if I bought (by mistake!) some 8x Verb DLs, that I could not burn those at all on my Pio 109 (which doesn't do 8x DL)???

Edited by laserfan

No, I'm not saying that at all.

I'm saying that some drives just don't have very good (or any!) firmware support for the MKM-003-00 dye, whereas most drives produce excellent burns on the MKM-001-00 dye (because the firmware support for it is mature).

...some drives just don't have very good (or any!) firmware support for the MKM-003-00 dye...

Oh! Totally different dye... Obviously I don't know nuthin' 'bout the technicalities of burning for different types of dyes. Maybe you ought to make a note like above in your sticky post.

Thanks for clarifying!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.