is a codec needed

bazer

hi have just used imageburn and tried to burn a flac audio disc as per guide tried to convert tracks to a cue file bit keep getting filter error can burn the same files ok with nero .mp3 filers seem ok also got same error with ape. files using a portiable version from softpedia vers 2420 can anyone help thanks

Version 2.4.2.0 - Log

; Monday, 06 April 2009, 18:02:17

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 17:58:09 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 17:58:09 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 17:58:09 Total Physical Memory: 1,048,036 KB - Available: 526,904 KB

I 17:58:10 Initialising SPTI...

I 17:58:10 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 17:58:10 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

Edited by bazer

The entire thing relies on DirectShow / ACM.

If the filters required are already installed then it works fine, if they aren't then you need to install them.

The MP3 one is installed as part of the base OS install, that's why those files work without extra filters/codecs.

ok understand now please do you recomend a codec pack or individual codeks for ape, wav, flac. and ogg what do you recomend als i have some audio cue file and one large flac file with the right codec can imagburn seperate these into seperate wave files i can do this with nero but imageburn seems the way to go with thanks baz

Personally I'd just (and do) install the individual codecs I need - i.e. the ones I linked you to earlier.

Yes ImgBurn will handle your CUE+FLAC file just fine once DirectShow can handle Flac files.

In fact, you can actually embed the CUE inside the FLAC's metadata and ImgBurn can burn those too - you just have to feed the FLAC file to Write mode.

Yes.

Try madflac for the flac files.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=130498

Did you ever solve the problem mentioned in that thread of files decoded with madflac were not identical to the originals or is the DC-Bass Source filter still the only one that give bit identical results with ImgBurn? I only ask because as of your last post in that thread it appears to be unresolved (though I can't imagine you'd be recommending it now if that's still the case).

Edited by jeff_nz

Hmm... I think I can answer my own question. :whistling:

I just ran a quick test using madflac and the burnt files were identical to the originals. It wasn't a very extensive test, I only used 3 tracks but I guess it's still conclusive?

do you recomend the free codecs DirectShow FilterPack 3.2 pack it seems to have audio file most types coverd has any used this and are the results good cheers bazer

I think you'd be better to follow LIGHTNING UK!'s advice above and only install the codecs/filters you need, as you need them, rather than using a shotgun type approach.... but that's just me.

Edited by jeff_nz

DC-Bass Source Filter is a another filter avaliable this does wv.flac and ape will this be ok you just have too run the install .bat so there is no need to install a complete program have people found this a reliable option cheers bazer

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.