Multiple source discs to one DVD-R disc

JimEBau

If I am posting this in the wrong forum then please forgive me. I have looked, at length, and cannot find an answer to the question I have in the "Guides" forum. So, here it is...

I have a spindle of 4.7GB, 16x DVD-R blank discs from FujiFilm (Manuf. ID: RITEKF1). I have a series of videos that are all on seprate discs. Each video is 30 minutes (approx >900MB). My blank DVD-R discs can hold up to 120 minutes (4.7GB). Is there a way for me to copy 3 or 4 of the series disc onto one of my blank 120 minute DVD-R discs?

If this has already been covered in the guides, then please direct me there, otherwise, any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

if you want it with menus, then use something like convertx2dvd

imgburn can't convert them to a dvd format

Not exactly what I mean. I have a series of DVD's (13 in all). Each DVD is 30 minutes in length. I have already recorded the intro DVD, and it works fine. However, my blank DVD-R disc are 4.7GB, and if I burn disc-for-disc, I waste all of the space. I would like to take 3 or 4 of my 30-minutes discs, and put them onto one of my 4.7GB blanks. I am not worried about making menus. Is there a way I can do this with IMGBurn, or should I look into the convertx2dvd software?

you would need to re-author the files, not something imgburn can do for you

either convertx or dvdflick can do what you want

when you have what you want, then imgburn can burn it for you, but you may want to use better discs

you would need to re-author the files, not something imgburn can do for you

either convertx or dvdflick can do what you want

when you have what you want, then imgburn can burn it for you, but you may want to use better discs

Thank you for the info. I think I get it now. I would have to re-author the videos to get them into one image file so that IMGBurn could then burn it. I though there might have been a short-cut to doing it that way. No problem; I will look into the other software packages.

I have read the "Media" Forum on discs & performance. I also looked at the graphs for several of the discs to make sure. I will take your guys advice on discs. This spindle was a gift, so I thought I'd use them. I guess I will just burn disc-for-disc and get them used up quicker that way.

Thanks again for all the help. :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.