DVD-ROM file system

Hiten

I can't figure out from what you have written what are you trying to do.

If you want to rip an existing disc into an iso file, you need not be concerned with file systems, since those are already defined on the disc.

If you want to create an iso file that will be later burned to a dvd-sized media, then choosing a file system depends on the type of dvd you're trying to create:

if it is a data disc, generally ISO+Joliet would be OK.

If it is a DVD-Video disc, then I'm not sure, but I guess ISO+UDF would be the right choice, but be aware of the fact that ImgBurn is not DVD-Video authoring application, you can only burn/create isos from a directory tree containing already authored disc created by proper authoring software.

I can't figure out from what you have written what are you trying to do.

If you want to rip an existing disc into an iso file, you need not be concerned with file systems, since those are already defined on the disc.

If you want to create an iso file that will be later burned to a dvd-sized media, then choosing a file system depends on the type of dvd you're trying to create:

if it is a data disc, generally ISO+Joliet would be OK.

If it is a DVD-Video disc, then I'm not sure, but I guess ISO+UDF would be the right choice, but be aware of the fact that ImgBurn is not DVD-Video authoring application, you can only burn/create isos from a directory tree containing already authored disc created by proper authoring software.

I need to create an iso file (build mode) starting from VOB files and extra stuff

Edited by Hiten

Ifn' this don't belong here kick my butt over to the right spot, just don't shoot me. nada :pirate:

I have a bazzillion mp3 files and wanna put them on a dvd-rom so's I can play them in a play anything dvd player. So I gathered them up in a folder about 4.4 gigs in size, opened the folder and copy pasted each o'dem into imgburn, hit burn and whap slap it burned apparently without glitch.... However verifry started wid errors about 1/3 into the burned disk. Extracted disk and looking at burned side shows 1/3 burn track and remaining 2/3 looks pristine.

Whar do'd I do'd it wrong, dudes?

Our crystal balls are in the repair shop so you'll have to give us more info (i.e. the burn log in new thread of your own) so that we can give more detailed help/suggestions. Look in ImgBurn's Help menu and you shall see :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.