Burning software image files - power calibration error

Crusader0071

hi all,

im trying to burn a software disk image to a dual layer disk but keep getting power calibration error,

i have 3 dvdRW drives and they all do the exact same!

i have

pioneer 216d latest 1.09 firmware

pioneer 112l latest 1.24 firmware

pioneer 111D latest 8.29 firmware

i also have tried 4 types of dvd-r dual layers - i have Verbatim 8x, Ritek sumvision 8x, Aone 8x and Bulkpaq 2.4x

i have tried all disks at various speeds and various software (NER0 and Ashamp00 and ImgBurn) to write to them all with the same results

please see details of last try below and advise on whats going wrong! it would be greatly apreatiated (soz if thats spelt wrong lol)

I 13:06:50 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 13:06:50 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate x64 Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 13:06:50 Total Physical Memory: 4,192,660 KB - Available: 2,902,832 KB

I 13:06:50 Initialising SPTI...

I 13:06:50 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 13:06:53 Found 2 DVD

If all drives produce the exact same error on all media (including the verbs) and at all 'supported' speeds, it's probably time for you to reinstall windows.

What you could try first though is burning something via a linux live cd. If you install Wine you can even do it via ImgBurn.

What motherboard do you have? Have you tried installing the latest bios / chipset drivers / controller drivers?

The drives shouldn't really be showing up as 'Fibre'.

If all drives produce the exact same error on all media (including the verbs) and at all 'supported' speeds, it's probably time for you to reinstall windows.

What you could try first though is burning something via a linux live cd. If you install Wine you can even do it via ImgBurn.

What motherboard do you have? Have you tried installing the latest bios / chipset drivers / controller drivers?

The drives shouldn't really be showing up as 'Fibre'.

Hi Thanks for your advice, my motherboard is a Asrock 939NF4G-VSTA, This is a fresh install of windows as i got sick of this issue about 2 weeks ago and formatted and re-installed vista,i do not however have the latest bios update if there is one i will have a look and install it.

as for the linux live i dont understand what that is ?and what is wine? how would i use them? isnt linux a operating system?

Thanks again please reply with any other info / advise

Crusader

The idea trying the Linux Live CD is to rule out any potential Windows issues.

If you get the exact same error when trying to burn under Linux then it's got to start looking more and more like a hardware problem.

hi i tried updating the bios as you sugested and still no joy,

please see details below

I 22:37:21 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 22:37:21 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate x64 Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 22:37:21 Total Physical Memory: 3,406,356 KB - Available: 2,357,732 KB

I 22:37:21 Initialising SPTI...

I 22:37:21 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 22:37:22 Found 2 DVD

Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RITEK-S04-66) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 6x, 8x)

You might also want to look at getting rid of this crappy media and getting either Verbs or TY's.

Hi Mate,

if you read the first post then i did say i have got some Verbs however they are producing the same errors so im gonna use the crappy media disks untill i can burn just 1 dvd DL the i will swap to the better ones as it is far to expensive burning all these fails.

I 22:38:19 Destination Device: [2:0:0] PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-216D 1.09 (I:) (Fibre)

I gotta be honest. I've never seen this before.

is it posible to dual boot vista and linux?

It sure is. I wouldn't recommend it if you're not sure what you're doing though. If you grab the latest version of Ubuntu, you can install it like any other program which might be an idea. The biggest problem you're going to have is actually burning the thing.... which is why you're here in the first place. If you do manage to burn a copy of Ubuntu, just boot from it. If you want something more, load windows and toss the Ubuntu CD into the drive and install it like a regular application. If you do it these two ways rather than a dual-boot system, Ubuntu won't overwrite the Master Boot Record (MBR) of your harddisk, which (again) is a good thing if you don't know what you're doing.

if you read the first post then i did say i have got some Verbs

My appologies, missed that part, however if your error is somehow corrected and then duplicates itself because of poor media....how are you going to know? :unsure:

Hi again lol -

i have found out that my kids old pc upstairs has a pioneer 216d in it and i have networked the 2 pc's together, the kids pc burn the image fine over the network first time on the cheapest CMC DYE BULKPAQ media? so i will try ubuntu first thing tomorrow to see if its a windows issue on my system.

i have installed the latest raid drivers and chipset drivers etc and now updated my bios but still recieve the same problem. first thing tomorrow i will install ubuntu.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.