Image Burn Dual layer speed & speed control

intruder

Good Morning,

I'm a newbie to the forum but I have been using Image burn for quite some time. Here are the issues I am having.

I just bought a LG GH22NP20 internal burner. Using Memorex double layer disc (Ritek) and the newest version of image burn, when I set the burn speed to 2.4 it automatically goes to 4.0. So far I have only had one successful burn at that speed. I've been using memorex for years with a low failure rate.Could it be the new burner is not capable of 2.4 speeds?

My second issue is I couldn't find "auto" under burn speeds in the new version of Image Burn. I always use that function when burning single layer disc.

One more......In device manger listing my new DVD under properties, I notice it wasn't set to any region. I set it to region 1.Was that a mistake?

Regards

I just bought a LG GH22NP20 internal burner. Using Memorex double layer disc (Ritek)

Just so you know, Ritek are garbage. Do yourself a huge favour and get Verbatim +R/DL instead.

and the newest version of image burn, when I set the burn speed to 2.4 it automatically goes to 4.0.

ImgBurn has no control over the burn speed if the selected speed isn't supported by your media AND your drive. Throw a blank into your drive and select WRITE MODE from the menu. The window on the right hand side will show you the supported speeds of your media. Also, there's really no need to set the speed so slow these days.

So far I have only had one successful burn at that speed. I've been using memorex for years with a low failure rate.Could it be the new burner is not capable of 2.4 speeds?

A combination of media and drive. Try what I suggested above and you'll see.

My second issue is I couldn't find "auto" under burn speeds in the new version of Image Burn. I always use that function when burning single layer disc.

Auto is now AWS - Automatic Write Speed.

One more......In device manger listing my new DVD under properties, I notice it wasn't set to any region. I set it to region 1.Was that a mistake?

A mistake? It won't affect the burn but you should set the drive to the region in which you live. Region 1 is the USA. If you need more help, ask. We're always here.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.