No Reference Position Found

middie26

I recently upgraded to the 2.5.1.0 version and I'm suddenly running into problems burning DL discs.. I'm getting the message "Device Not Ready (No Reference Position Found)". With the previous version, I was not running into any issues and now, the icon that one would click on to start the process is not highlighted. *sigh* I'm using Memorex, so it's entirely possible I'm using the crap media that everyone talks about, but I'd someone to verify if possible.

My firmware is up to date and the drive does have DL write capability...

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Post the text shown in the Log window (Edit -> Select All then paste here). Does the drive recognised burned discs? What about single layer blank discs?

Hey, mmalves... See below for the log! Nothing appears in the log when I put in the DL disc. It's like the drive isn't even seeing the disc...

I 16:51:26 ImgBurn Version 2.5.1.0 started!

I 16:51:26 Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition (6.1, Build 7600)

I 16:51:26 Total Physical Memory: 3,407,288 KB - Available: 2,271,848 KB

W 16:51:26 Duplex Secure's SPTD driver can have a detrimental effect on drive performance.

I 16:51:26 Initialising SPTI...

I 16:51:26 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 16:51:28 -> Drive 1 - Info: LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1S 9L09 (D:) (ATA)

I 16:51:28 -> Drive 2 - Info: SLKF MBO16R4 1.03 (E:) (SCSI)

I 16:51:28 Found 1 DVD±RW/RAM and 1 BD-ROM/HD DVD-ROM!

When I throw in a previously burned disc, an error message appears in the status bar: "Disc Not Empty". Of course, I'm guessing this is what should appear.

You could try a lens cleaning disc on that burner to see if it helps but most likely the problem is the memorex blanks. Try with Verbatim DVD+R DL blanks or other brands until you find one that works consistently with your burner.

You could try a lens cleaning disc on that burner to see if it helps but most likely the problem is the memorex blanks. Try with Verbatim DVD+R DL blanks or other brands until you find one that works consistently with your burner.

Tried the lens cleaner, but to no avail.. It's strange that the discs would work once and then suddenly they aren't working anymore.. Oh, well.. Off to get some Verbatims! Thanks!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.