Burning Error/Unable to play video on home DVD Player

imsolost

Hi,

I am very new to computers so my knowledge is very limited which brings me here for help.

Ok, I am a big film/video buff and like to burn videos to disc in order to play them on my DVD. I recently downloaded ImgBurn which I think is an awesome program after a previous program (ISO Image Burner) failed to create an ISO video file.

The ISO Image burner would give me a "hardware error 148" message which I know is not accurate since I just had a factory restore done to my computer 2-days prior. Subsequently, I downloaded ImgBurn which appeared to successfully create the ISO Video file with the bell melody prompt at the end. There were no error messages etc...however, whenever I attempt to play the completed videos on the home DVD player, I get an error message "unsupported ____" or can't read date-type message.

BTW, I choose to create ISO Video files by default because the videos I like to burn via Win7 DVD Maker will only burn videos that are in AVI format and won't load any MKV, MP4 etc.. When I attempt to convert these types of videos to AVI, the end results are horrible in picture quality. So rather than continue to do that I need to create ISO's and burn them directly to DVD.

Can anyone help me and tell me what I'm either doing wrong or what needs to be done in order to successfully burn videos that are playable on my DVD player?

Thank you.

PS. please bear in mind that I'm less than novice in knowledge so explanation/suggestions need to be in plain English and not puter jargon. lol. Thanks.

Edited by imsolost

By your description you are making an iso of some video files then burn the iso to disc.

That is the same as you burn the files directly to disc, it won't help.

ImgBurn is a burning tool and will not transcode your file in a standard DVD Video.

First you need to do the conversion with other program like DVD Flick or DVD Styler then burn the result with ImgBurn.

Here is the guide to burn a proper structure of DVD Video to disc http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=4632

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.