gonfshn

Hey everybody! I just got the itch to start messing with saving my movies and transfer old vhs tapes to dvd this week. I downloaded imgburn, browsed through the guide forum and stuff. I needs to clarify a few things. To make a backup of the movie, I needs to copy all the files from the dvd first, creates an image from just the video_ts folder, and then burn right?

About the vhs tape converting stuff. After I captures the info from the tape, do I goes through the exact same process to make a dvd? Thanks a lot.

To copy a DVD use the Read mode to make an ISO image from your disc, then switch to Write mode and burn that ISO image to a blank disc. If you have the VIDEO_TS folder on your HD then you'd use the Build mode to burn it to a blank disc. Have a look in the Guides forum for details on these operations :)

As for your captured VHS videos, you'll need to convert them to DVD-Video format before burning, and I believe you can do that using DVD Flick (free) or ConvertXtoDVD (paid but does more stuff) :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.