I've been using ImgBurn for almost a year to burn ISO's & up until 3 months ago have never had any problems.
3 Months ago I started receiving errors & the discs I were burning were/are not working.
I had mainly used TDK DVD-R discs, but have also used Maxell DVD-R discs & Verbatim double layer DVD+R discs, all up until 3 months ago were written/read/verified perfectly. I also mainly used the automatic write speed setting.
I am now receiving errors & strange noises are coming from my DVD drive (my drive is also sometimes responding slowly)
I have tried TDK DVD-R, Verbatim DVD-R, Sony DVD+R, Maxell DVD-R, Pleomax DVD-R & a few others, all at different speeds.
My device manager shows no errors on anything & apart from windows updates I have not installed anything new.
I have pasted a log file from today's attempt at burning :
I 18:21:50 ImgBurn Version 184.108.40.206 started!
I 18:21:50 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)
I 18:21:50 Total Physical Memory: 2,094,532 KB - Available: 947,036 KB
W 18:21:50 SPTD can have a detrimental effect on drive performance.
I 18:21:51 Initialising SPTI...
I 18:21:51 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
I 18:21:51 Found 1 DVD