Verbatim 50gb bd-re?

cockaleekieman

I know imgburn recommend verbatim to burn blu-ray,but as most people know about 98% of movies are over 25gb and verbatim don't do a 50gb bd-re. So i got in touch with verbatim and asked them when they plan on doing one,and this is the reply i got.

Thank you for your interest in the Verbatim product range.

Our parent company, Mitsubishi Chemicals, is currently scheduled to begin production of double layer re-writable Blu-ray discs in July, which would mean first availability in retail around September. However there are many factors which could delay this. If you sign up to our regular news letter (click here to go to registration page) then you will be alerted as soon as it is ready for release.

There are re-writable double layer Blu-Ray discs available already, however unlike other brands who effectively buy a branded product from 3rd party factories, Verbatim/Mitsubishi develop manufacturing techniques and produce in our own facilities. At present we do not have this particular type of disc (re-writables are particularly challenging) to a high enough quality standard to bare the Verbatim brand name, and likewise are not convinced by the quality of discs currently on the market.

In the meantime we are producing high quality BD-R 50GB double layer discs, for recording once. See below:

http://www.aprmedia.com/product.php?pid=5259

I hope that helps, please don

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.