Not enough space on mini dvd-r?

mrnull

I've been troubled by this ImgBurn error for a long time, and I still don't understand it.

There doesn't appear to be enough space on the disc to burn this image.

Image size: 604,400 Sectors (1,180 MB)

Disc size: 583,168 Sectors (1,139 MB)

Would you like to continue anyway?

I get this whenever I try to burn an iso specifically made for a mini dvd-r, on a mini dvd-r. I've tried different brands, different sized discs (1.4GB and 1.46GB) and am still having the same problem.

Since I get this with every mini dvd-r iso, could it be my OPTORITE DVD RW DD0203 drive?

I've been troubled by this ImgBurn error for a long time, and I still don't understand it.

There doesn't appear to be enough space on the disc to burn this image.

Image size: 604,400 Sectors (1,180 MB)

Disc size: 583,168 Sectors (1,139 MB)

Would you like to continue anyway?

I get this whenever I try to burn an iso specifically made for a mini dvd-r, on a mini dvd-r. I've tried different brands, different sized discs (1.4GB and 1.46GB) and am still having the same problem.

Since I get this with every mini dvd-r iso, could it be my OPTORITE DVD RW DD0203 drive?

its the blank disc thats to small !! look at the bit i made bold above . bottom line is the image is to big for the blank media . the iso "specifically made for mini dv" is to large im afraid .

although most 8cm dvd's are listed as 1.4gb , they dont actually hold 1.4gb , in a similar way that DV5 discs are not 5gb or 4.7gb, only hold 4.35gb

it could be that your writer does not like these size of discs, and doesnt read them properly , which is why it reports to IB they are 1.139MB .

you could shrink the iso smaller so its less than 1139mb and see if it burns ok then

check your writer manufacturers web site for any info regarding your drive and 8cm discs in case of problems or known issues when using them as well

check your writer manufacturers web site for any info regarding your drive and 8cm discs in case of problems or known issues when using them as well

Thanks for the information! I sent Optorite an e-mail (their site sucks!) but they claim to have limited support based on when the drive was actually purchased. Since I got it off eBay, I'll be lucky if they respond.

Would anyone else mind trying to burn an image much to large with their mini dvd-r's and telling me how much they can actually hold?

i looked round optorites site as well for you, and as you say, it sucks

Thanks to ImgBurn's "Find New Firmware" button, I was able to try firmwares 2.03, 2.04, and 2.15. And while the first two weren't able to recognize mini dvd-r's at all, the last had the same problem I reported earlier. This is so strange!

althougth most dvd drives have a countersink in the disc draw for 8cm discs, not many of them actually work with 8cm discs.

my lg drive is the same , as was plextor with mini cd's. and is a pioneer cd player in the car

you need to find out from optorite if that drive was meant to be used with the 8cm discs before you trouble yourself with why they wont work for you

it may even be a case of getting an adadpter/caddy for the drive to recognise the disc

just looked for firmware for your drive, and ther'ss several updates . you mention youve tried 3 differant ones, but ahve you tried 2.50 , which si the latest of all of the uppdates ?

2.03, 2.04, 2.06, 2.07, 2.09, 2.11, 2.14, 2.15 , 2.16, 2.23, 2.25, 2.30, 2.50 (for Windows 2000 and Windows XP)

here's a link to v2.50 for you HERE

just looked for firmware for your drive, and ther'ss several updates . you mention youve tried 3 differant ones, but ahve you tried 2.50 , which si the latest of all of the uppdates ?

First of all, thanks so much for all of your help.

I have tried 2.50, the guy who sold me the drive actually updated the firmware before he shipped it. Go eBay! I like your caddy idea (don't have money for a new drive) but isn't it weird that the drive will write mini dvd-r's, though it doesn't do it right?

I wonder if it could be an alignment problem or something. Unfortunately, it sounds right now like I'll have to save up for a new drive. I can't find record of anyone experiencing this problem before.

I'll update if I ever get a reply from Optorite

been there with Optorite and all I can suggest is to get a big hammer take the drive outside and smash the living crap out of it you'll feel much better and it wont be the source of future problems .Nec ,Plextor BenQ and Pioneer theres no reason to choose any other drives maybe a LiteO :thumbup: n

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.