AVI Format

Richsale

Good info above.

DvdShrink has an Ac3 audio checkbox.

If I run Video_TS files made by DivxtoDVD through DVDShrink and then burn to disc with IMGBurn am I getting Ac3 quality audio? I know I can also burn direct from Video_TS to IMGBurn to DVD disc. Does using DVDShrink in the setup matter in final DVD quality?

AVI / DivxtoDVD / Video_TS / DVDShrink / IMGBurn / DVD Disc

Note: I like the video preview feature when I import the Video_TS files into DVDShrink before burning to IMGBurn / DVD disc.

BTW: DivxtoDVD trial (X2D) video seems brighter than Divxto DVD (Free). Other points: with X2D it's possible to control convert time/quality and dedication of CPU to convert process. Comparing X2D vs WinAVIVideoConverter - toss up / but people seem to say X2d has more quality and less pblms.

Icons? I have both 19" screens full with icons!!!!!!!!!!! Time to get lean!!!

Brewer

Edited by LF1

Re: icons - I created a few folders on the desktop that contain related icons. Good comprimise?

Still looking for info on this:

Does using DVDShrink in the setup path affect final DVD quality?

Path:

AVI / DivxtoDVD / Video_TS / DVDShrink (to review video and add AC3 audio) / IMGBurn / DVD Disc

From reading this forum, I think video jumps / blotches noticed earlier were due to poor media and possibly to the DVD player hooked up to a VCR as well as TV.

Re: icons - I created a few folders on the desktop that contain related icons. Good comprimise?

Well.... sort of. :) It'll be fine until you open the folder. The OS still has to use memory to display them. The biggest problem is getting the OS to release the memory once the window has been closed (which it probably won't do). It'll release some but probably not all.

Still looking for info on this:

Does using DVDShrink in the setup path affect final DVD quality?

Depends. If the video doesn't need compression? No. If it does? Yes.
From reading this forum, I think video jumps / blotches noticed earlier were due to poor media and possibly to the DVD player hooked up to a VCR as well as TV.

What you hook your player up to shouldn't matter. Afterall, it's as dumb as a post. It doesn't know whether it's connected to anything or not or if anything else is either. Poor media is a likely suspect.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.