why now mds file, and a closing err msg

paul11

Have just moved from a pc using Imgburn 2.4.4.0 under WinXP SP3 using internal Philips DVD-Writer

to a pc using Imgburn 2.5.1.0 under Win7 using external USB DVD-Writer Liteon eTAU-108

When using 'Create Image from disc' to make an iso image of say a DVD film on older pc, just a .iso was produced.

With the newer system, 2 changes have occured:

a) 2 files are produced, a .iso and a small .mds - and this seems to be for other src types, DVD or data

B) Although each op reports success, when closing Imgburn, I get a small popup* which needs about 6 clicks to get rid of before it's close

* New system currently has no internet access & no antivirus protection,- bought a 'clean' pendrive to install apps, which I

darent' contaminate with old pc, so cannot email log, and just now, quite annoyingly I cannot reproduce the error msg; think

msg was something to do with 'tag'

In both systems, I installed Imgburn 'out-of-the-box' without change so far as I remember. The new system under Settings>Display Warnings - every box is ticked (default)

I have 3 questions:

a) Is the .iso produced, the same as before, and can I ignore the 2nd small file ?

B) How do I stop the warning msg from being generated ?

c) I have not come across .mds files until now, as previously I never missed them, how can they help me ?

Thanking you for any help.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.