Gun Control

spinningwheel

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The AK-47. When you absolutely, positively have to kill every motherfucker in the room."

--Ordell Robie (played by Sam Jackson)

(Quentin Tarantino's) Jackie Browne

Edited by Pain_Man

"The AK-47. When you absolutely, positively have to kill every motherfucker in the room."

and the room next door

[volvo 2006] :lol:

And the people down the hall, and across the street, and the kids in the school bus turning the corner...

That whole sequence in Jackie Browne where the Sam Jackson character is explaining the gun business to DeNiro's character makes the whole movie worthwhile. It's an excellent movie anyway, but that scene is hysterical.

Reminds me of these calendars that G. Gordon Liddy (yeah that G. Gordon Liddy) used to sell on his radio show (I don't know whether it's still on air or not...). Hot chicks, very skimpy bikinis with very powerful automatic weapons.

Personally, I prefer my woman not to be so heavily armed when wearing bathing suits...but tastes vary.

He's a strange dude.

He's fiercely brilliant. Utterly amoral when it comes to doing his job. He once spoke of someone in the Nixon WH "tasking" him to do an, ah, "feasibility" story on arranging a fatal accident for the late Jack Anderson--whom, Liddy claimed, was about to publish classified information that would have damaged national security, but that's what they always say, whether valid or not, ain't it? julli-sorrys.gif

He's a lawyer. He handled his own appeals after his conviction for the Watergate burglary (seems that John Dean's wife is a former hooker, call girl, not street walker, and someone in the WH thought that proof of this was in the DNC offices and []that's[/i] why they broke in).

He was repeatedly attacked in prison and defended himself so deftly that his attackers were left in far worse condition than he was.

He also refused Carter's offer of a pardon (because Carter demanded an admission of guilt) and did his full prison term.

He was an FBI agent. He told a story about when he was working the Gary, IN (Indiana) field office in the 50s. A baby was kidnapped. "In those days," he said, "we [in the FBI] had a working relationship with the Mob about certain things. So we called the local boss and told him that we wanted the baby and the kidnapper ASAP." The mob, not unnaturally, didn't wanted the streets flooded with feds, state and local cops.

The baby and the kidnapper's location was phoned in 90 minutes later. Seems the kidnapper had the bad luck to pick a mob-controlled bar/restaurant to eat lunch in.

Besides, in those days, there were some limits even for The Black Hand. As Roberto Duran said, No mas..

Reminds me of these calendars that G. Gordon Liddy (yeah that G. Gordon Liddy)...

A name from the past that I had just about forgotten. He is truly an enigma.

Personally, I perfer the DD Model. But tastes vary. :D

"Personally, I prefer my woman not to be so heavily armed when wearing bathing suits...but tastes vary."

a pair of 38's should be about right in the armament category :innocent:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.