Verified BD-R disc doesn't play some titles on the disc

holygamer

I have a single layer Bluray ISO I made which has several titles on it. I've burned lots of copies of it before with the verify option and they play fine on my Bluray player and other people's.

I burned another copy with the verify option and sent it to my friend. He said some titles don't play. How is that possible when I used the verify option?

What is the point in me using the verify option (which takes twice as long to burn) if it still doesn't guarantee that the disc will play?

I'm using ImgBurn 2.5.8.0. I have Windows 7 64-bit. I have an LG BH10LS38 drive with the latest firmware. I don't have any logs to give you as this was several days ago.

Edited by holygamer

The verify option is there to make sure the drive can read back what it just wrote.  If it pass the verify at least that drive can read it. Other drives can be more picky at reading it. Your friend's drive can be one of those.

The logs are saved automatically. Look in Help menu.

I wouldn't know which log is the correct one because I burned the disc over a week ago. My friend played the disc in his PS3, the same model that I have. I've also burned lots of that disc before and they played fine on PS3s. So I can't understand what the problem is since they were all verified discs. It's not a faulty PS3 either. They are Bluray compliant 720 x 480i h264 videos with AC3 128 Kbps audio.

I see logs in the help menu but whenever I try to fine the one I want like the last disc burned, it's not there! When does a log get saved for the last disc burned?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.