Can't reach 16x speed on 16x Verbatims

Pulp Fiction

I just bought a NEC ND3550 DVD burner and whenever I try to burn a DVD at 16x speed it doesn't seem to be able to reach it. It will usually get quite close to 16x speed but then the buffer goes up and down very quickly and the speed drops. I have the latest firmware installed for my driver by the way. If you think you know the solution to my problem (if there even is a problem) please let me know, it would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Patrick

you dont mention what media you're using we only recommend Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden discs.

Much testing by the Beta Members has shown that quality drops off after 12x burns, its supported by the scans which can be seen at the Media and Drives forum .Personally I burn everything at 6X

When you post for support please include a log of a burn it has all the info we need to see , honestly you shouldn't get caught up in the numbers they are marketing stuff and most of the time have nothing to do with real world results

PS you dont have a problem all's well :thumbup:

There is little benefit at those speeds, as mentioned do not get caught up in the numbers.

They are not so relevant now, was in early stages of a dvd writer

1x 64 minutes 2x 32 minutes 4x 16minutes, however when they went to 8x in my usage, did not mean 8 minute burn, 16x def does not mean 4 minute burn.

I just now stick to 8x burning or sometimes 6.

I'm just curious about what this has to do with ImgBurn.

ah ,hes using IMGburn as his burning software and as such posted to inquire if theres a problem not being able to burn at 16X and look for help in IMGburn Support Forum ,thats what we're here for :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.