Where is the help manual?

Anthony A

After reading many positive reviews about Imgburn I decide to give it a try. I download it and go to the help at the top of the screen and there is no help file. There are a few thousand settings in the program and no help file to explain a single one. :blink: Ridiculous. Are people expected to know what all the settings are for already before they use the program? The guides in the forum don't even come close to explaining all the options and settings in this program.

The second guide listed is how to burn an audio CD with Imgburn. Right off the bat I start having problems. The screen shots in the guide do not look like the screens in Imgburn I just downloaded. How can I follow a guide that has different options and screens than the program I have downloaded? For example I do not have "Create CD Cue File" as an option under "Tools". The screen shot of the program looks nothing like the screen on Imgburn when I launch it. The second screen shot in the guide suggests clicking a "Create CD Cue File" button that I again do not have. I stopped there because I will not guess how to use a program. EVERY respectable program I use has some form of a help file. If one exists for Imgburn please point me to it.

Edited by Anthony A

Welcome to the ImgBurn support forum Anthony A

The help file in ImgBurn is the actual forum , any problems you can not resolve yourself, just post a new topic.

Imgburn works at its best in Default settings anyway, so theres no need to change any of tits many settings

Imgburn is due to release a newer updated version . It was hoped for release back in December, but some final testing revealed a couple of issues that LIGHTNING_UK ( the programs author) wanted to sort out.

The guide for burning audio CD's was posted on the day of the new versions intended release , so apologies if it doesnt actually make sense to you at the moment.

the rest of the guides "as is" will sort you thru creating DVD discs, and the new version of ImgBurn when relleased will allow you to burn audio CD's .

the FAQ page ( link on the red banner above) will get you up and running, any questions though, just start a new thread in the appropriate section and we will ty and help :thumbup:

We really can't reinforce this enough - leave the settings on default. Only when you want to tweak something, should you do so and then come ask us first.

so theres no need to change any of tits

Who wants to change tits? I like them just the way they are (provided they meet minimum size requirements).

Regards

That quote about Tits is funny :D

I understand what you say about leaving settings at default. There are so many of them though and I want to understand what they are for. Any idea when the new version that was mentioned will be released? I really don't want to start trying to learn this version and only to find out a new version released shortly after and I have to start over again.

So this screen is not available in the current version? I know the audio disk burning is not yet available but what about the start screen. Looks like it's divided by project type and you just select the task you want to do. I do not see this in the version I downloaded.

post-1-1198074559.png

Edited by Anthony A

the new version is imminent, thats all i can say really , the only person who can actually say when, is the author himself, LIGHTNING_UK.

There are several new features, the GUI will remain roughly the same, so as to continue its ease of use, except there will be a few additions related to the new features.

its unlikely you will ever need to change any settings, or indeed have cause to . As said earlier,we recommend leaving everything at default.

The idea of this support forum was meant to be the quickest way of being able to help someone when they encounter a problem , and due to all the testing that Lightning_UK does before a general release, there shouldn't be any problems, well no major ones anyway :thumbup:

help files are never completely fool proof, even the best ones out there, so to be able to "talk"/ type a question and get instant replies some times, narrows down any risk of accidental setting changes and of coarse constant coasters.

usually most of the settings and bells and whistles are self explanatory , settings only ever need to be altered for minor tweaking on the odd machine now and again and ONLY when advised by LUK or the beta team and a few other regulars.

I'm not going into detail as to exactly what has been changed or added to v2.3.2.0 , suffice to say you are already aware of the ability to be able to burn audio.

When you start using ImgBurn , you will soon find out how simple it actually is to use , all along LUK wanted it to be a simple to use piece of software that isn't bloated to the neck with unnecessary add-ons .

i hope that helps for the time being though ?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.