power calibration error

Tim22

Hi and welcome to the forum, Tim22! :)

In most cases it's because your writer doesn't like the brand of discs.

You could post a burning log of the failed burn, it could tell us more.

You'll find it here:

Main Menu -> Help -> ImgBurn Logs

Crap disc...outdated firmware...bad drive...without the log, as requested in the beginningof this forum, your guess is as good as ours.....

I have been using the same discs for a while now. It just started this morning.

Crap disc...outdated firmware...bad drive...without the log, as requested in the beginningof this forum, your guess is as good as ours.....

I have been using the same discs for a while now. It just started this morning.

I 12:07:15 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 12:07:15 Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 12:07:15 Total Physical Memory: 916,848 KB - Available: 431,928 KB

W 12:07:15 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 12:07:15 Initialising SPTI...

I 12:07:15 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 12:07:15 Found 1 DVD

There is a later firmware for that writer - ver YSOZ to download (dated 8 June 2006):

http://www.liteonit.com/global/index.php?o...r&Itemid=75

If you update it:

No disc in the tray

Tray closed

Restart the computer after the update

You also might want to try to burn those discs at a lower speed - the current one is MAX = 8x.

There is a later firmware for that writer - ver YSOZ to download (dated 8 June 2006):

http://www.liteonit.com/global/index.php?o...r&Itemid=75

If you update it:

No disc in the tray

Tray closed

Restart the computer after the update

You also might want to try to burn those discs at a lower speed - the current one is MAX = 8x.

Thank you so much. It is asking for a model #. Can you help me with that?

Thanks much, T.

Hi,

I am having the exact same problem all of the sudden! Same disc I always use as a matter of fact I only have a few left and this "power calibration area error" thing just started.

SORRY! I'm not all that computer savy :blush: & when I did what you told the other person to do, I downloaded that SHW-16355

thing when I opened it it said not found you have TS-H652D GA01 do you know where I can get the fix for that?? :wacko:

Thanks so much

Hi,

I am having the exact same problem all of the sudden! Same disc I always use as a matter of fact I only have a few left and this "power calibration area error" thing just started.

SORRY! I'm not all that computer savy :blush: & when I did what you told the other person to do, I downloaded that SHW-16355

thing when I opened it it said not found you have TS-H652D GA01 do you know where I can get the fix for that?? :wacko:

Thanks so much

Start your own thread and supply us with a log please.

Hi,

Thanks so much

Start your own thread and supply us with a log please.

NOT SURE< but I think I did that wrong!

You said start your own thread & I think I started a new topic instead! SORRY

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.