DVD Burn and Verify Failures

bullzi

I am new to ImgBurn and DVD burning in general. My first burn failed to verify. The following is the log from a Test Burn I did after updating the firmware on my DVD burner from 1.17 to 1.41. I've read the guides, faq, and found many examples of "semaphore timeout" in a search, but failed to understand most of the guidance. I appreciate any advice.

I 12:45:24 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 12:45:24 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 12:45:24 Total Physical Memory: 1,016,224 KB - Available: 477,712 KB

I 12:45:24 Initialising SPTI...

I 12:45:24 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 12:45:25 Found 1 DVD-ROM/CD-RW and 1 DVD

Is the drive connected directly to a motherboard mounted USB port? (i.e. not off a backplate cable or via a USB hub)

Some USB controllers just don't like certain external enclosures. I doubt there's much you can do besides change it for a different one.

The problem dates back a good few years now (with all burning software) and I'm not sure anyone really found the reason for the I/O commands to fail like that.

Is the drive connected directly to a motherboard mounted USB port? (i.e. not off a backplate cable or via a USB hub)

Some USB controllers just don't like certain external enclosures. I doubt there's much you can do besides change it for a different one.

The problem dates back a good few years now (with all burning software) and I'm not sure anyone really found the reason for the I/O commands to fail like that.

Yes it is plugged directly into a port. No hub, etc.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.