Authoring DVD-Audio disc?

STSinNYC

I did a search on this subject and read as many pages as i could, so please forgive me if I did not see an answer.

Trying to create a true DVD-Audio disc, with 24/96 WAV files (we have two universal disc players that play true DVD-Audio discs). Failing to get a correctly authored disc ala CDs authored with cue. If I add the files in Build mode, I end up with IMGBurn writing the actual WAV files onto the .iso file, resulting in an ISO file of 1.1 GB. If I start with an AUDIO_TS folder created in dvdaauthor, manually putting in the WAV files in the TS, IMG writes it like a data DVD.

It's not a burner or disc player problem AFAIK. The burner has produced video DVDs (not rips but videos produced on the PC) that work in the players, as do data DVDs with JPEGs and CDs recorded from LPs. I'm just not getting IMG to write the image correctly. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Would be most grateful.

Regards, Steve

Your AUDIO_TS folder should have IFO/BUP/AOB files in it - correct?

ImgBurn doesn't currently detect / call an image with an AUDIO_TS folder a DVD Audio disc, but it will/does in the next release.

That said, I've never burnt a proper DVD Audio disc or even looked into the DVD Audio format as a whole. There's a good chance that files need to be modified (as they do with DVD Video discs) and that simply won't be happening. That could explain why it doesn't play.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.