Layout Editor Bug?

DAR

First of all, thanks for this wonderful program. I've been using it for a while and I seriously think it is one, if not the best, burning program available today. congratulations LIGHTNING UK!

Ever since I've installed the new 2.5.1.0 version, when I choose 'Write files/folders to disk' and then click to open the layout editor and click on the 'My Computer' icon, I'm getting the following error message window:

Windows - No Disk

Exception Processing Mesage c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf7c 4 75b6bf7c 75b6bf7c

(I've also attached an image showing the error window)post-33103-126918928357.jpg

I have two DVD burner units installed on my PC an I've noticed that this error message appears even when there are discs in both drives.

If I click on 'Continue' to close the error window and continue choosing files/folders to burn to the disk everything works as it should. I've burned several DVDs and they all seems to be working fine.

I don't' know how serious this error message is, but certainly is annoying.

Edited by DAR

Found this one on another forum:

The answer lies in the words "Windows: No Disk", your PC is looking for a USB

device - e.g. a USB stick or a cell phone - that you've recently plugged in

and have removed without using the "remove hardware safely" option in the

right hand bottom corner of your screen. Put the last USB device you used

back into the USB port and then use the "remove software safely" option.

The pop up message will disappear.

Could it be that you had something connected with the USB recently that you now have removed?

Could also be caused by a malware according to this post.

http://www.consumingexperience.com/2007/11/windows-no-disk-exception-processing.html

We've seen this problem during the beta phase but I'm afraid it's out of my hands. It's the Explorer style component that has the issue, not ImgBurn's code.

I tried to get to the bottom of it but failed miserably! (Different programming language and I can't reproduce it on my development machine - where I can 'debug' it)

I reported it on their (Mustangpeak) forum ages ago but nobody has replied.

Yes, but only as 2.5.2.0 so it won't be happening right away.

If you would like to try what I've done (so you can check my fix actually solves your problem!), confirm your forum email is ok for me to send an exe to (rar'd up or whatever) and I'll send it to you.

Yes, but only as 2.5.2.0 so it won't be happening right away.

If you would like to try what I've done (so you can check my fix actually solves your problem!), confirm your forum email is ok for me to send an exe to (rar'd up or whatever) and I'll send it to you.

Yes, I would appreciate that. My forum email is the right one.

You're very kind, Thanks.

Email sent :)

Yes, I can confirm that it works now, the error window does not show anymore.

The only thing is that the EXE file you sent is 10 MB in size when uncompressed versus the 2,23 MB of the original one, is this OK?

Anyway, thank you for your support. Appreciated.

Yeah, it's just a debug version and not UPX compressed. I'm sure your hdd will cope with the extra 8mb until the next official release ;)

You're right, I can live with an extra 8mb on my hdd until your next release.

By the way, you have a great support for a free tool. Keep up the EXCELLENT work.

Thanks again!

Got the same error this day. (I dont remember I had this before)

As the error message appears I heard the clicking from my floppy drive (no floppy inserted).

Next try with a blank floppy inserted ---and wow, no more error message.

And yes, I'm still using floppies :thumbup:

Maybe this helps troubleshooting...

Edit: This workaround does not work on another machine I own. Same OS Win XP SP3 all updates.

@ LUK: If you sent me the bugfixed version you mentioned above, I would really appreciate this.

Edited by Taurus

To LIGHTNING UK!

The beta version you sent me (2.5.1.1) when we were discussing the 'Windows - No Disk' issue is showing a message saying that there is a new BETA version available (2.5.1.2), it also says that I should contact you if I don't know where to get it from.

I tried sending you a PM (I know by means of your signature that you don't want to get PM, but I don't know how to contact you directly). I would like to know if there is a chance I can get this new BETA version or is it available only to a closed group of beta testers?

Thanks

Edited by DAR

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.