Audio CD - where's the .bin file?

sluk

Hello ImgBurn experts this is what I'm trying to do and I can't seem to figure it out - driving me crazy. I have recorded many vinyl albums onto my computer and used ImgBurn to create .cue files and then burn cds flawlessly. However, I'd like to create a .bin file to go along with the .cue file so I can then archive those images onto DVDs. I can create bin/cue files of data cds but once I load a cue sheet for an audio cd the only option is to write a physical cd - not an image file. I was able to use Nero to create .nrg images of audio cds but after thinking about it I would prefer the universally accepted bin/cue format for archive rather than a proprietary format that will die out once ImgBurn finally sinks the competition. What am I missing?

ImgBurn can't create Audio CD image from files, most of the burning programs don't support that.

You have the option to use a RW disc and copy back the image of that disc or use a virtual burner.

It may be more out there but I only heard of Phantom Burner http://www.phantombility.com/en/prod/phantomburner/

Hey ianymaty thanks for the reply and confirmation that I've not missed something in ImgBurn. I did try the Phantom Burner but I could not make ImgBurn write to it and I quickly gave up. I thought about writing out to a cd/rw and reading it back into a .bin/cue file but that seems like it could introduce errors reading back the data. I finally found a solution using ISO Buster to load the .cue file produced by ImgBurn and then "extracting" the image into a .bin file. It also creates a new .cue file. Burned the new .bin/cue image with ImgBurn and loaded it into the car cd player and it works fine plus all the track titles are still there!

How nice that people are still thinking at new ways to figure out problems and not wait to be spoon-feded. :thumbup:

I, for my self didn't think to use IsoBuster, but you did and you confirm that the solution works.

That's good to know and thank you for letting us know.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.