CD files reorganize themselves

alphawhite

I am trying to write a music data disc. I set up all the files in the order I want them to be in and when I go to burn the CD, they burn in alphabetical order, not the order I put them in, I looked through all the settings/option and don't see anything about file organization, any help is appreciated

They're stored alphabetically in the filesystem: it's up to the player to sort them.

If you want to "manually" sort them then rename the files to 001-name.mp3 , 002-name.mp3 , 003-name.mp3 , etc and they should play in that order on pretty much anything.

By the way, you may want to use Advanced Input mode in ImgBurn, so that you can rename the files that will be burned to disc instead of renaming the originals.

They're stored alphabetically in the filesystem: it's up to the player to sort them.

If you want to "manually" sort them then rename the files to 001-name.mp3 , 002-name.mp3 , 003-name.mp3 , etc and they should play in that order on pretty much anything.

By the way, you may want to use Advanced Input mode in ImgBurn, so that you can rename the files that will be burned to disc instead of renaming the originals.

Thank you very much, I will try this

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.