Burn successfully completed but doesn't work.

KaijuGamer

hello, i've been burning Wii backup games iso with ImgBurn successfully for awhile and all of a sudden they stopped working. i'm not doing anything different and i haven't changed any settings on my pc or wii system. i haven't done any of the wii updates (its still in 3.2) and it is softmodded using the "homebrew twilight hack". i'm still getting my backup iso files from the same place and have verification that they should work. now, all the previous backups i burned still work fine on my wii system, its just anything i burn now doesn't register as having anything on the disc in my wii. i've been using Sony DVD+R forever and never had a problem but after reading all the post on here the last few days, i went out and got a lens cleaner, Verbatim DVD+R discs and upgraded to the newest version of ImgBurn (2.4.4.0). i also tried changing the write speeds since i only used x2 before. (tried x1, x2.4, and X4 on the Sony's and then again with the Verbatim's after cleaning) i am still able to burn working music CD's, and .avi DVD's normally. and just to be sure, i also tried burning the wii backup iso's with Nero (and the Verbatim DVD+R's) and got a successful statement for all of them but still had the same problem with it not working. i'm not sure what to do from here? here are 2 of my logs:

I 17:13:56 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 17:13:56 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 17:13:56 Total Physical Memory: 514,800 KB - Available: 212,724 KB

I 17:13:56 Initialising SPTI...

I 17:13:56 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 17:13:56 Found 1 DVD

The program is doing what it is supposed to do. You're using Verbs, which is the best for what you want to do and Ner0 doesn't burn them to work either. The problem is not one that we solve here at the ImgBurn forum as it deals with the compatibility of your gaming machine to read what you downloaded and didn't buy. I would suggest that you Google your problem and come back if ImgBurn fails you for some reason. :thumbup:

spinner

• 2 weeks later...

hey, i just want to follow up on this incase someone googling for help needs it.

so after having the above problem i tried adding "backuplauncher0.3 gamma" (not sure which one i had before) and the newest "Gecko OS" to my SD card still to no avail.

then i saw on another site that it's better to use DVD-R's for Wii back ups. Not +R's.

i got some Verbatim DVD-R, used Imgburn at X2 speed and all my burns have worked since. i'm still not sure why the DVD+R's worked before and then stopped and all the previous DVD+R still run fine but now the DVD-R burns work so i guess it's problem solved.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.