Media Type / Burner Conflict ? +Burn Log

ddepriest1

I have saved an ISO file of home movies that I'm trying to burn to DVD.

Destination drive is [5:0:0] TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H652L (E:)

I get this message when I click the VERIFY button... "Device Not Ready (Medium Not Present - Tray Closed)

I thought maybe the DVD was damaged - but have tried every disc in the 5 pack - to no avail. Using Memorex DVD-RW 4.7GB. Just to test the DVD/CD drive I put a clean CD in the drive then clicked on VERIFY ... the drive recognized that the disc was a CD.

Is it possible the disc drive doesn't recognize the DVD's? Do they need to be foormatted ? This is what is written on the door of the E drive : DVD multi recordable R DL RW DVD + R DL

Burn Log:

I 19:15:39 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 19:15:39 Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 19:15:39 Total Physical Memory: 981,488 KB - Available: 528,668 KB

W 19:15:39 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 19:15:39 Initialising SPTI...

I 19:15:39 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 19:15:39 Found 1 DVD

You don't need to click on Verify for the program to recognize the disc: it does that automatically as soon as your burner recognizes the disc and gives the information. Leave the Verify option checked, as that ensures the disc was correctly burned.

If your drive doesn't recognize the Memorex DVD-RW discs then there's nothing the software can do. Have you tried with other DVD blanks?

You don't need to click on Verify for the program to recognize the disc: it does that automatically as soon as your burner recognizes the disc and gives the information. Leave the Verify option checked, as that ensures the disc was correctly burned.

If your drive doesn't recognize the Memorex DVD-RW discs then there's nothing the software can do. Have you tried with other DVD blanks?

Have not tried other blanks but will invest in a different brand DVD. What's the difference between a DVD-RW and a DVD+RW ? Could this be the problem ?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.