Audio/Video "Pause Glitches"

ronsweet2

Hello:

I am a novice to burning DVDs and a few days ago downloaded DVD Flick, which uses IMG Burn to burn to DVD the files it encodes. I have been trying to burn a project of 18 music video clips to a DVD (mostly using a TDK-R 16x and also a couple different -RWs).

I am noticing that there is glitching on many of the clips, one clip cuts out completely 2/3 of the way through, and a few of the clips are "scrunched" (meaning there are large black bars on the left and right). All of the originating clips play fine on my PC (ie: before they are burned to a DVD using DVD Flick/IMG Burn). By glitching I mean that the audio and video freezes for a second or so, then resumes. Aside from possibly the disk you are using (I have tried a few different high quality brands), why do these types of glitches happen?

This effect happens on all of my DVD players, including my Toshiba HD-A1, as well as via my PC's burner/player. I am burning at "half speed", meaning I am using 16x disks but burning at 8x. Both projects burned and verified 100% error free, so there are no error logs to speak of. Do you think I need to slow down the burn speed even slower? But the only thing I question about this is that if the glitching was a result of an error during the burning process, wouldn't I have gotten some type of error message on either the burning or the verifying?? Or could it even have anything to do with the fact that I have a very old computer?

Any ideas as to what is going on??? Anyone had similar glitching problems and if so how did you troubleshoot and solve them?

Thanks for any help!

Ron

But the only thing I question about this is that if the glitching was a result of an error during the burning process, wouldn't I have gotten some type of error message on either the burning or the verifying??

Yes, you would and, since you didn't get errors on the verify stage, then the problem is in the source (i.e. the content generated by DVD Flick). Have you tried their forums?

But the only thing I question about this is that if the glitching was a result of an error during the burning process, wouldn't I have gotten some type of error message on either the burning or the verifying??

Yes, you would and, since you didn't get errors on the verify stage, then the problem is in the source (i.e. the content generated by DVD Flick). Have you tried their forums?

Yes, I have, but I am still trying to get to the bottom of it. Quick thing--after a burn is completed, how can you access the IMG Burn logs from that last session? Because when you go through DVD Flick, it goes through the burn and you can view the logs in real time--but then IMG Burn closes and returns back to DVD Flick (so you can't see the IMG Burn logs unless you sit there and watch them as they happen). Thanks, Ron

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.