I/O Error after updating to 2.4.4.0

richmoral

I've never gotten errors before and now I'm getting this I/O Error. I was using ImgBurn 2.4.2.0 before and since updating have gotten this I/O Error. I'm going to revert back to 2.4.2.0 and hopefully won't get Errors as I've never had problems with it before.

I've tried burning this DVD5 twice so far and have gotten errors both times. This is the first time I've tried burning this and my first time burning using ImgBurn 2.4.4.0

Here's my log:

I 13:52:41 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 13:52:41 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium x64 Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 13:52:41 Total Physical Memory: 4,060,620 KB - Available: 1,510,456 KB

I 13:52:41 Initialising SPTI...

I 13:52:41 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 13:52:41 Found 1 DVD

I 13:53:06 Destination Device: [2:1:0] TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H653Z 4303 (E:) (RAID)

I 13:53:06 Destination Media Type: DVD+R (Disc ID: MCC-004-00) (Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x, 12x, 16x)

I 13:53:06 Write Speed: 4x

Reverting to an older ImgBurn version probably won't solve this problem, which has been around for a while.

Update your burner's firmware (remove any disc and close the tray before updating then reboot the computer after updating is finished).

What's the brand of the media you're using? Try burning at 8x or 12x for possibly better results.

Do you use RAID? I'm asking because RAID controllers and optical drives don't play nicely together, so change it to AHCI at least or IDE compatibility mode if you can.

I 13:53:06 Destination Device: [2:1:0] TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H653Z 4303 (E:) (RAID)

I 13:53:06 Destination Media Type: DVD+R (Disc ID: MCC-004-00) (Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x, 12x, 16x)

I 13:53:06 Write Speed: 4x

Reverting to an older ImgBurn version probably won't solve this problem, which has been around for a while.

Update your burner's firmware (remove any disc and close the tray before updating then reboot the computer after updating is finished).

What's the brand of the media you're using? Try burning at 8x or 12x for possibly better results.

Do you use RAID? I'm asking because RAID controllers and optical drives don't play nicely together, so change it to AHCI at least or IDE compatibility mode if you can.

I'm using Verbatim DVD+Rs. Never had a problem with them before. I've always burned at 4X without any problems before as well.

I don't know if I'm using RAID or not. I haven't changed any of the settings on the computer. It's still relatively new. I got it late last year when my old computer burned out on me. Weird now the drive is having a problem reading the original source DVD that I was backing up.

Edited by richmoral

Not having seen the problem before doesn't really mean anything.

I improve error detection / reporting in each version.

That's to say, an error that might have gone unnoticed in a previous version will now be reported.

I see. But if there were Errors before wouldn't the discs not play properly.

Great now it's not even reading the original DVD.

Edited by richmoral

I'm not saying that's the case here, I'm just telling you that you can't assume anything.

PMA errors are common with samsung (and liteon) drives, have been for ages now. It seems to depend on the amount you're burning to the disc and the only people that can fix it are the ones that write the firmware/design the chipset.

I'm not saying that's the case here, I'm just telling you that you can't assume anything.

PMA errors are common with samsung (and liteon) drives, have been for ages now. It seems to depend on the amount you're burning to the disc and the only people that can fix it are the ones that write the firmware/design the chipset.

Oh ok. Now I'm trying to fix the computer because the DVDRW drive won't read anything now.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.