I burn an ISo and while burning...it somehow becomes several RAR files

ChrisD

Hey im trying to burn ISO files...ive been doing it for about 2 years now but a few days ago..i started having this problem, i sleect write files from hardrive to disk, pick my ISo and click burn, now everything seems fine it burns normal and everything is OK the burn finishes and i think great i can go and use it, so i put it in my DVD player and it says no disk, i go back to my PC and look whats on the disk, and on the disk is the 40 or so .rar files i used to get the ISO in the first place even though ive deleted them..somehow it changes itm into rars whiles burning and its starting to do my head in...any help..thanks in advance.:):)

That ISO that you burned, if you open it with 7-Zip/WinRAR/etc, what's in it? I'm asking because in ImgBurn what goes in is what comes out, so something is wrong there.

I 21:05:31 Destination Device: [3:1:0] HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH10L FC09 (D:) (ATA)

I 21:05:31 Destination Media Type: DVD+RW (Disc ID: INFODISC-A10-01) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x)

I 21:05:31 Write Speed: 4x

There's newer firmware available for your burner (remove any disc and close the tray before updating then reboot after it's finished). Also you should get better burns if you used Verbatim DVD+RW blanks :thumbup:

Too expensive vertabim in these credit crunch times :P, the file is a movie and works on VLC when i play it, when i open it with WInRAR all the rars that made the ISO(the same rars that get burnt)are there

Actually ive just tested it and the two i wanted to burn were the same all others are ok its got the Video TS and Audio TS in so that problems solved just need to fix the CD/DVD drive/burner now

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.