DL Data discs for use in standard DVD Drives

ReAp3r

Ok so i have had ImgBurn for a while, lovely program (thank you Lightning). I am 'backing-up' some very large software packages i.e. 5-8GB, i am using Intenso DVD+R DL which i think is RICOHJPN if i am correct using a Samsung (TSSTcorp CDDVDDW SH-S223Q). Obviously i can read any DL disc i burn but unless it is placed in a DL drive, it is unreadable by conventional DVD readers.

Now then, i have been reading up on DL compatability (Im going to buy Verbatim from now on!) and i want the make these DL discs read on any DVD drive (if the big software companies can do it so can we, right?? RIGHT!!??) So i have come to a conclusion that i needed to change the booktype to DVD-ROM not DVD, and i was then met by the wall of reality, i had just wasted another DL disc (2 now) and im not rich either.

So i urge someone to straighten me out with FACT.......HOW IN THE WORLD do i get an 8.5GB DL to read on a standard crappy DVD drive.....

If you get back to me i may spare the lives of thoses in my way later tonight. >_<

Many thanks,

ReAp3r.

I will add that i have been searching for hours on the net and come up trumps, i looked at every guide on this forum with the words Double Layer in it and still nothing.

So if i have missed the plain and simple answer please be gentle, i am tired o_O

Edited by ReAp3r

If there are any DVD ROM readers left out there that do not read + r you will probably get away with bitsetting to DVD-ROM if any of those DVD Rom readers cannot read a Dual layer there is nothing you can do to disc for it to be readable in those readers.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.