Trying to create a bootable dvd dl disc

Snocrash

I'm trying to create a bootable dvd+dl disc. I currently have a set of two dvds that I use for ghosting computers and I would like to combine them into a single dual layer disc to save on the number of discs that I need to carry around. I've read in some other posts that the files may need to be written in a certain order to allow booting and I'm looking for some guidance on how to do that.

Thanks

The discs are actually generated by a Dell service called imagedirect. The first disc contains a 1.44MB boot image, it has a bin folder which contains some basic dos utilities and the ghost.exe, and an image folder that contains the ghost image which is broken into 650MB segments. The second dvd contains the image folder with the rest of the files. Using Imgburn, I imported the boot sector from the first dvd, then added the bin folder and the image folders from both DVDs, but the resulting DVD did not boot.

With ImgBurn in Read mode, insert the original bootable DVD and then look which filesystem(s) it has. If I recall correctly Windows shows CDFS for all ISO9660, Joliet and UDF filesystems :wacko:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.