Cannot make disk bootable.

infy

Ok. I have a LEGIT version of Windows Vista (I can show you a pic of it with my name next to it if needed). I copied the vista cd to my computer and included and added a folder with a couple of applications to it, and then burned it to a cd. But the new cd (unlike the original) isn't bootable.

I wasn't sure if it was because I copied the original to my computer first, or if it was because I added files to it, so I burned it again without the files and got the same result. No bootable cd.

How do I make an OS cd bootable. I had the same problem with the Windows 7 Beta cds as well. Coping them to the computer first, and then creating an iso from that makes it unbootable...even if I didn't touch anything.

In ImgBurn's Build mode go to Advanced tab -> Bootable Disc and use the Extract Boot Image feature to copy the bootable image from your Vista disc. ImgBurn will even ask you if you want to replicate that information for the current build, so that you can burn a bootable OS disc right away ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.