Cannot Write Medium Incompatible Format on taiyo yuden media

JamesM

I thought I had some bad media so I went out and got some better disks (taiyo yuden)but still when I burn I get the following error.

dvdburnerror.jpg

Here is the log file, Please let me know if you have any ideas, My guess is a problem with the drive or the laptop maybe not writing fast enough to the drive.

I 14:45:45 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 14:45:45 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6000)

I 14:45:45 Total Physical Memory: 2,029,568 KB - Available: 1,294,272 KB

I 14:45:45 Initialising SPTI...

I 14:45:45 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 14:45:48 Found 1 DVD

TSSTcorp_CD_DVDW_TS_L632M_0917_FRIDAY_JUNE_05_2009_2_46_PM_TYG02_MAX.ibg

Try cleaning the drive with a cleaning disc.

Are they genuine TY discs or some cheaper ones using the TY dye ? (probably ones that didn't meet up to their standards - grade b type stuff)

Thanks Lightning I was thinking that I should maybe try and clean the lens. Is there a easy way to get the serial and details from the disk ? I heard that the disk ID's can be faked but I would be intrested to find out and comfirm that the disk that I purchased are not cheap fakes.

I also made a post Here as I also tried to use the latest build of NERO to rule out a image burn issue.

Thanks for your Help and ideas :-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:TYG02]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD-R] - [DVD-R]

Manufacturer Name : [Taiyo Yuden Co. Ltd.]

Manufacturer ID : [TYG02]

Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4.71 GB (4.38 GiB)]

[ DVD Identifier V5.2.0 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

The disks are meant to be

Taiyo Yuden White Inkjet Hub Printable 8X DVD-R Media (Premium Line) 100 Pack in Tape Wrap

Product Code: DV-001-0508

Manufacturer: Taiyo Yuden

Mfr part #: DVD-R47WPP600SK

That's fine, if they're sold as Taiyo Yuden discs rather than some other brand using the TY dye then there should be no problems.

I've seen lots of datasafe / datawrite cheapo versions using the TYG02/3 dyes that haven't been up to the normal Taiyo Yuden standards.

I nipped out to the shops and picked up a CD lens cleaners but no luck after a a clean

dvdburnerror2.jpg

Do you think it might be down to a POS dvd burner its on a laptop so its a bit of a pain. I will look to see if there is a new firmware.

Hi Cynthia, thanks for your idea, I had tried with another brand of media and set it to 2x speed When burning it is set to MAX but looking at the burn speed it is 4x and under I am not sure if the graph data will show me the burn speeds during burning.

I have been looking for the TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-L632M firmware with out any luck the

http://www.firmwarehq.com/download_1206-fi...M_SC03.exe.html

Firmware wont allow me to flash the drive, I am not sure if I sure look at the ATAPI drivers just looking for more ideas.

Its strange I was able to burn 1 DVD using the cheap media and then after than I have had no luck.

Ok Here is some intresting data from the burns and from me testing

speedtestofadvdmovie.th.png

This is a speed test of a DVD Movie, I cleaned the disk first but look at the slow read speeds

speedtestfailonburntdis.th.png

This is a speed test of the DVD-r media that failed to burn

dvdburnedok.th.png

This is the only DVD-r that I was able to burn I also did a check after burn but look at the time and also the read and write speeds

failedburn.th.png

This is the failed burn from when I tried new media

reportd.th.png

Some details about the DVD burner

Cynthia Sorry I had changed the name of the burnt image I did not know there was a CRC check on the log file I have corrected it and reuploaded it.

TSSTcorp_CD_DVDW_TS_L632M_0917_FRIDAY_JUNE_05_2009_2_46_PM_TYG02_MAX.ibg

Well I was running out of ideas so I got online to HP and there idea was a format.... I have seen that time after time from lots of companies or people who do support. Any way I asked how much for a replacement drive and was given a price of $260 ouch. Jumped on ebay and was able to pickup the same drive for $10 so I await to give that a try.

In the mean time I tried a firmware update but same problem, I then tried a another recommended firmware but with out any luck.

Any one have any other ideas why I wait a few days for the new drive to come in.

Well the new drive came today installed it and did some tests and seemed to run ok on read tests. I tired to burn my test image (A backup of a movie that I had taken with the old dvd drive)

I tried a downloaded test image and it worked. Now I don't know if the original drive would have worked and its just a corrupt image....

Any ideas ?

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 - Log

; Friday, 12 June 2009, 19:12:42

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 19:04:37 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 19:04:37 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6000)

I 19:04:37 Total Physical Memory: 2,029,568 KB - Available: 1,041,988 KB

I 19:04:37 Initialising SPTI...

I 19:04:37 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 19:04:37 Found 1 DVD

A corrupt image wouldn't make any difference.

There's still a problem there between your drive/firmware/media combo.

I guess now that you've tried 2 drives and both are failing to burn those discs, you have to start wondering if the discs are ok?

Maybe they are fakes or a dodgy batch after all?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.