Error: Set L0 Data Zone Capacity Failed

varelse

I've read quite a few of the other thread about this error and I have done what was suggested (latest firmware, Verbatim MKM-001-00 media, proper burn speed) but no matter what, it fails. Either it says just a "Write Error" or "Invalid Field in Parameter List". I have tried multiple discs from this spindle.

I was successful to burn CD-R, DVD-R and DVD+R without problems but always get errors with all of my DVD+R DL media (also tried Memorex MKM-003-00)

I was able to burn about 20 DVD+R DL back in January without any failures. Nothing major on this system has been changed. Just minor windows system updates.

If I need to get a new drive and since this is a laptop, do you have any opinions on slim USB-powered external drives? Perhaps the Plextor PX-610U or Asus SDRW-08D1S-U.

TIA for any assistance you can give me to fix this problem.

I 02:48:47 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 02:48:47 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 02:48:47 Total Physical Memory: 724,460 KB - Available: 386,204 KB

I 02:48:47 Initialising SPTI...

I 02:48:47 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 02:48:47 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

Edited by varelse

Attempting to re-use a failed disc can give you the 'invalid field in parameter list' error.

The 'write error' is just your drives way of saying it doesn't like something about the disc.

Try a cleaning disc in the drive.

Personally I wouldn't bother with anything slimline, they're a big waste of time.

Personally I wouldn't bother with anything slimline, they're a big waste of time.

Is there a suggested full size burner?

Obviously I will be putting it into an external case. Does ImgBurn have any issue with firewire or should I stick with USB?

The type of connection used doesn't matter to ImgBurn, it doesn't see the drives at that sort of level.

I'm sure you can find an enclosure with both though. That way, if your machine/chipset/drivers have an issue with the firewire port you can switch to USB and hope that one works instead.

A Pioneer 116/117 or 216/217 should be ok. That or an Optiarc AD-7240S

The type of connection used doesn't matter to ImgBurn, it doesn't see the drives at that sort of level.

I'm sure you can find an enclosure with both though. That way, if your machine/chipset/drivers have an issue with the firewire port you can switch to USB and hope that one works instead.

A Pioneer 116/117 or 216/217 should be ok. That or an Optiarc AD-7240S

Good idea thanks.

Perhaps your drive suggestion should be posted in here so newbies don't bother asking you. :P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.