Error: Cannot find "VIDEO_TS.IFO" file

robman

I am trying to use ImgBurn for the first time. I have a set of VBO files and one IFO file. The IFO file is VTS_01_0.IFO. I placed them all in a folder called "VIDEO_TS," per instructions. But when I try to create a disc or disc image, or even calculate size, I receive this error message: "Fix VTS Sectors Failed! -Reason: Could not find VIDEO_TS.IFO file." There IS an IFO file present, but not under that name. What is the solution to this problem? (I searched the forum but couldn't find the answer--my apologies if I missed it.)

Here's the error log generated when I hit the calculator and then agreed to proceed after receiving the error message:

I 09:06:49 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 09:06:49 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 09:06:49 Total Physical Memory: 3,405,348 KB - Available: 2,733,416 KB

I 09:06:49 Initialising SPTI...

I 09:06:49 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 09:06:49 Found 1 CD-ROM and 1 DVD

You have an incomplete set of DVD Video files... how did that happen?

Your reply pointed me in the right direction. I downloaded the set as a bittorrent. It is a concert video. I have never tried to create a DVD using a set of files like this before, so I had NO idea what I was doing. I returned to the tracker site, and checked the forum--sure enough, there was a second download, a "fix" for the files missing in the original seed. The fix included the missing "VIDEO_TS.IFO" file, as well as some others, and instructions on how to combine the fix with the original seed. I followed the instructions, and presto! it worked. :thumbup:

Edited by robman

Ok well you can't just burn those files, you'll need to make a proper set of DVD Video files based on what you have now - and of course that's nothing to do with ImgBurn.

See if you can find a program to accept vob file input and give you a working set of DVD Video files. Something like IfoEdit, DVD Flick or ConvertXtoDVD might do the job.

Ask for help with this on a DVD related forum (Doom9 etc) rather than on here please.

EDIT: Glad you got it sorted.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.