Complete newbie needs help with first DVD...

isfjinfj

Hi!

I'm completely new to the world of DVD burning, and I've been having some problems with the DVD I just burned.

The movie was downloaded as an AVI, and I used DVD Flick to convert it into... an ISO (? something along those lines). I then used IMGBurn to burn this ISO to DVD. But I have encountered the following problems...

First of all, The movie I am putting on DVD is supposed to have subtitles (which are part of the video itself), and these subtitles do show up when I play the DVD on my computer. However, when I put the DVD into my standalone DVD player, the image is stretched out of the edges of the screen. This means that most of the subtitles are cut off, and so are all the edges of the image. I have had this problem before with my TV "overstretching" a DVD movie, but in those cases I've been able to use my remote control to adjust the settings and fix this. However, when I'm using this DVD, my remote control does nothing--- it won't bring up the settings panel or anything. This means that I am stuck with an "over-stretched" image. Is there a setting on IMGBurn which could prevent this sort of thing from happening?

Secondly, I spent quite a long time designing menu pages for this film, and I selected this menu on DVD Flick before I started making the ISO. However, the DVD seems not to have a menu of any kind. It just jumps straight into the beginning of the film, and it does nothing if I press the "DVD Menu" button. How can I get these menus to work with IMGBurn?

Finally, since I'm new to burning DVDs, I thought I would ask about this... when I played the DVD on my pretty-good DVD player in the living room, it all went pretty smoothly. However, when I tried to play it on my PS2, it started to freeze and glitch and choke up fairly often. Is this sort of thing basically to be expected when one burns their on DVDs? That they work fine on good DVD players but often glitch on lesser players (or, indeed, Playstations)?

Thank you for all your help!

The part about stretched video/subtitles/etc you should ask in DVD Flick's forum, since ImgBurn doesn't change anything.

As for the disc not playing smoothly, my guess is that you're using low quality media. Use Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden blanks and it should play smoothly on any device. Also make sure your burner has the latest firmware available.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.