Is there a particular brand/type of DVD-R/DVD+R/DVD-RW that works best with IMGBurn?

isfjinfj

Hi!

I was looking around online to find details about which blank DVDs I should use to burn my films onto. I stumbled on this:

Q:"Should I use DVD-Rs or DVD+R's when burning movies?"

A:"It depends on your burner, just check your burner. If you want to know about the best for quality then look at the brands such as sony dvdrs."

I'm totally new to this stuff, so I hadn't realised that some sorts of blank DVDs work better with certain burning software (if that is indeed the case?)

If it is the case, then what sort of DVDs does IMGBurn work best with? DVD-Rs or DVD+Rs?

Also, does IMGBurn tend to work better with a particular brand of DVD? I'm swithering between Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim, Ricoh, etc... I wasn't sure which to go for, but if one brand works particularly well with IMGBurn then I'd probably go for that...

Thank you for your help!

It's not the software that works better or not with a particular brand of media: it's the burner and its firmware. The software just sends information in the correct order, nothing else: it has no control over burn quality. ImgBurn, by itself, can burn any type of disc supported by your drive :)

From our tests (look in our Media section) the blanks made by Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden give the best overall results on most burners. Depending on the brand and model of your burner, you can also buy a few different discs from different brands and test their burn quality with your burner. It's also important that your burner has the latest firmware available for it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.