Imgburn 2.4.1.0 track order does not match cue sheet?

ignatz

I don't burn many CDs. I have had Imgburn for a year or so and have burned maybe 10 music CDs with a cue sheet. All burned successfully and play fine.

I am using Vista with Service Pack 1 if it matters.

Today, something strange happened--it had not occurred on any earlier burn attempts.

I loaded 28 wave files into a folder, started Imgburn, selected "write" from mode menu, located my songs and put them in desired order, set a one second gap for the session, created a cue sheet, and immediately burned a CD. The CD plays well, but the tracks on the CD are not in the same order as the tracks on the cue sheet.

Here is first portion of the cue sheet, showing the first 4 tracks:

FILE "Willie Nelson - Everything But Youyyyyyyyyymonoized.wav" WAVE

TRACK 01 AUDIO

PREGAP 00:01:00

INDEX 01 00:00:00

FILE "Carl Mann - When I Grow Too Old To Dream.wav" WAVE

TRACK 02 AUDIO

FILE "Chris Connor - Miser's Serenadeeeeeemonoized,nr.wav" WAVE

TRACK 03 AUDIO

FILE "Dale Evans (Noel Boggs, steel) - A Two Seated Saddle and A One Gaited Horsettttttt.wav" WAVE

TRACK 04 AUDIO

The first 4 tracks as burned on the CD are by Willie Nelson, Sue Raney, Roger Miller, and Ella Mae Morse. Those tracks should have been number 1, 26, 15, 14; not 1, 2, 3, 4. The Carl Mann, Chris Connor, and Dale Evans songs shown above on the cue sheet as tracks 2, 3, and 4 were actually burned as tracks 6, 14, and 13.

An earlier attempt of the same songs in the same desired order also resulted in another apparently randomly scrambled order. The scrambled results on the first attempt did not match the scrambled results on the second attempt. However, in both cases, the application got the first song correctly--Willie Nelson.

Has anyone noticed this and what gives?

I used the search function for "cue sheet" and didn't find any similar issues.

It's not going to have written the tracks in a different order to the CUE. That would mean it messes up for everyone - and obviously that's not the case or we'd have heard about it long before now.

What normally happens here is that the file names are wrong and aren't the song they're meant to be or you simply had 'random' / 'shuffle' selected on your player.

It's not going to have written the tracks in a different order to the CUE. That would mean it messes up for everyone - and obviously that's not the case or we'd have heard about it long before now.

What normally happens here is that the file names are wrong and aren't the song they're meant to be or you simply had 'random' / 'shuffle' selected on your player.

Lightning:

I am not playing in shuffle mode. I am playing the tracks manually in my CD burner just after burning them, by poking track 1, track 2, etc.

What do you mean by "file names are wrong"??

They are what they are as shown in the cue sheet and as shown in Windows Explorer.

I just made a third trial burn. The app again got the first song right, but scrambled the remaining 27. The order on the remaining 27 again did not match the scrambled order on any of the other attempts.

Does the application read titles from tags or directly from the file names? How does it determine that the third song in the cue sheet is in fact correctly identified and burned third? Does it refer to tags and does it matter if a tag were fouled up?

I am just trying to understand this--as I said in my first post, I have burned quite a few other CDs and never encountered this.

I stand corrected.

I did not even know that my CD burner was capable of playing in shuffle mode. I checked a menu and it was set to shuffle.

Here's what I had done that was causing the problem. Started playback on track 1, identified it as Willie Nelson; use the mouse to go to within a few seconds of the end of Willie Nelson, and wait for the next song to play automatically--assuming it would begin playing track 2, etc. Unbeknownst to me, my CD burner has a shuffle play and was set to shuffle--so the song following Willie Nelson varied. The only track I selected manually was track 1.

Again, my error entirely. I appreciate your response and will continue with the app. So far, so good.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.